Glencroft left side fireplace and steps

Jeri Hahn

So, I am on day two of my Glencroft build. The second floor went in with much finagling, but now I am dealing with the left side of my house. I've read about some of the problems other people have had with this side. I decided to walk away and start fresh tomorrow. So far it's been fun♡ 

Jeri:dog:

I waited to install that outer wall until I had decorated the rest of the interior of that side, and the interior of the outer wall and installed the window.  I hadn't decided to "carpet" the stairs then; wish I had, but my hands are small and were far more flexible back then.

My husband told me not to mess with anything else until I got it all together. Since it's my first one. I am afraid that if I start decorating it, I might screw up the fit. I guess asong as I stay away from areas that sit on top of each other I will be ok?

Jeri

I’m so happy you are having fun building the Glencroft! I did what Holly mentioned because once that wall goes in, it will be very difficult to paint or wallpaper the stairway. It’s such a beautiful  house when completed! :) 

As someone who built it (I did prime before building tho) it WAS hard to decorate later. Not my best work, but I still love that house. Definitely consider doing whatever you can (fireplace bricks, window seat) before it's all built. Or not - you *can* decorate it afterwards, it's just a little tough getting into some small spaces.  I also went back later and redid all my window trims with new basswood strips - much happier.