When I was a teen I asked for a dollhouse for Christmas.  My parents got me a 1:12 farmhouse and I had the best time building it all by myself.  Sadly, it came to a tragic end when one of my brother's friends accidentally sat on it.:cry:

I gave all the furniture to a friend and didn't think about building another until January 2019 (over 30 years later).

I'm not even sure now what sparked the idea of getting back into the hobby.  Something reminded me of my old dollhouse and I started searching Google for pictures of what others have created.  There are so many talented miniaturists out there!!  I'm both inspired and a little intimidated by their talents.

Once I decided to build a new dollhouse, I looked at all the various kits available and just fell in love with the Fairfield.  The way it's set up like a real complete house really spoke to me.

The scarcity of furniture, accessories, etc. is a major frustration, but I'm up for the challenge.  I've found a few nice pieces and built some kits.  Necessity has forced me to decorate first before the house is actually built because I see how fast 1:24 items are disappearing.

Eventually I'll create a gallery. If I can figure out how. 

• Like 1

Hello!  Welcome!  Looking forward to your build.  It's always interesting to see how different people personalize the Fairfield and make it their own.  It does seem like 1:24 pieces are disappearing.  Some things I bought a year or two ago are no longer available.  You were smart to buy things when you saw them and start collecting in anticipation of your build.  You will be able to create a gallery after you have made 5 posts; before then, you'll get a confusing message that your pictures are too large.   

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Diane.  When I wound up with two Fairfield kits I decided to make them halves of a Bar Harbor summer cottage.  All the furniture I had purchased for them proved to be 'way too small! (closer to 1:32 than 1:24), especially when I built the few kits I had, so I took the patterns from all my books of 1:12 furniture and scaled them down:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=3404

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Diane.  When I wound up with two Fairfield kits I decided to make them halves of a Bar Harbor summer cottage.  All the furniture I had purchased for them proved to be 'way too small! (closer to 1:32 than 1:24), especially when I built the few kits I had, so I took the patterns from all my books of 1:12 furniture and scaled them down:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=3404

Do you have any photos of the exteriors and how they fit together?  It looks like you bashed the lighthouse kit in with them too. 

6 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Hello!  Welcome!  Looking forward to your build.  It's always interesting to see how different people personalize the Fairfield and make it their own.  It does seem like 1:24 pieces are disappearing.  Some things I bought a year or two ago are no longer available.  You were smart to buy things when you saw them and start collecting in anticipation of your build.  You will be able to create a gallery after you have made 5 posts; before then, you'll get a confusing message that your pictures are too large.   

Ashley's (Wormwoodz) stunning Fairfield is my main inspiration, but it would be impossible for me to make mine as grand as hers.  I adore blue and white together, so my exterior will look like hers quite a bit.  Some of my wallpapers and room layouts will be reminiscent as well, but I do have some unique things planned.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020, 2:31:29, havanaholly said:

In one of mine I removed part of a floor and hung a Foucault's Pendulum from the top of the tower.

I remember seeing photos of that awhile back when I was looking through galleries and Google to see what others had done with their Fairfields.  It's a one-of-a-kind feature!