Survey - Providing replacement missing pieces as a service

lrsafari

This is Not a solicitation for service or sale. Just wanting to see if there is a need. If I am breaking any rules, I apologize.

This idea came when I realized one of the kits I have is missing pieces, and I have the laser to cut new ones. I have a background in aerospace design, as well as graphics for TV/Film. So the creation of the relatively simple drawings are easy.

As title says, is there a need for someone to make/cut missing or replacement parts? Specifically the flat sheet panels, walls, window frames, etc?

I have an 80W laser and can easily cut 3MM or thicker wood sheet. Determining if this makes financial sense to develop. Idea is someone can send me a clear scan with a ruler/scale so the piece(s) can be recreated then cut.

So, let me have it. Hare brained idea? Genius? Creative? Waste of time? Let me know your thoughts and I might be able to fill a need.... Or not.

If the kit was manufactured by a company no longer in business and no longer protected by copyrights I suppose it serves a purpose; there is a person/ company dba Manchester Woodworks that replaces parts of Dura-Craft kits, since Dura-Craft has been out of business many  years.  Otherwise I don't even want to think of the intellectual property violations!

I agree with Holly, if you're talking about reproducing pieces from Greenleaf kits or another manufacturer that's in business (even if the kit itself is out of production), it would be a copyright violation and we can't condone it here.

But if you're feeling adventurous you could come up with your own designs. We have a couple of members who make their own kits.