Buttecup/ full size

BStazz

Hello,

I cant figure out why trim did not come for the interior of the front door and windows.  I made mine out of cereal box cardboard two layers.  I tried the thicker cardboard.   It was so messy.  I rubberglued the 2 layers together.  Did the final scissor trim.  When I dry try the panels I can make sure it fits.

All the other windows have interior trim.  But not the front door.  I saw on the net that some of the house makers used the trim for the front on the interior.  They did paper clay on the exterior elimating the ned for the outside door & window trim.  

Welcome all answers.

Thanks,

BStazz

I used mat board for my wainscoting.  It is thick as the plywood, and it didn't swell when I glued and then primed it.  I ended up learning that my self-healing cutting board won't heal from box cutter marks, so I used a scrap piece of wood under the mat board.  I was happy with it.  Oh, and I did learn that there are 2 kinds of mat board, and unfortunately I bought the thicker, sturdier one.  Next time I will find the thinner one, which might mean I can use the exacto knife to cut it instead of the heavy duty box cutter.

45 minutes ago, Medieval said:

...I ended up learning that my self-healing cutting board won't heal from box cutter marks...

The box-cutter with retractable blade, aka Stanley utility knife, is my cutting tool of choice, and it hasn't damaged my self-healing cutting mats in the least.  I used poster board scraps to make my interior trims for the Buttercup.

2 hours ago, Medieval said:

Maybe I was just pressing too hard.

The secret to perfect utility knife cuts is several passes with a light touch rather than bearing down hard. 

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

The secret to perfect utility knife cuts is several passes with a light touch rather than bearing down hard. 

Actually that's true of any knife cuts.  Also, new, sharp blades.