The Cassie dollhouse by The House That Jack Built

Janetw936

I was given The Cassie dollhouse by The House That Jack Built. It is already built which is good because I have never made one. I make roomboxes. I'm going to take out the wallpaper and flooring.  I just bought Miniature Octagon Style Shingles. I watched a video how to put wood shingles on. What I need to know is what do you put on that gap at the very top where the roof meets at a point?

Also, if anyone has decorated this house, please post pictures to give me an idea how to decorate it. Thank you

front resized.jpg

back resized.jpg

2 hours ago, Janetw936 said:

...what do you put on that gap at the very top where the roof meets at a point?

A ridge cap.  I usually fold shingles in half to do this, or cut a piece of "L" shaped channel molding the length of the roof peak and use that with wood shingles.  Next time you're out running errands, look at your neighbors' (and your) houses and note what the roofs look like.

My parents built this dollhouse for my niece a few years ago and I helped them decorate it. There are pictures in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=6088

I use corner molding at the top of the roof like Holly described. If you want to use molding but don't have a piece or the roof isn't a 90-degree angle, you can glue a piece of strip wood on each edge of the roof to create your own. Here's how the corner molding looks:

rowhouse839.jpg

Another option is a Boston lap: https://blog.realgoodtoys.com/boston-lap-whats-that/

• 11 months later...