What's happening in 2019

gillman

Hello to all ,just coming back from a long break and looking at what has been happening here on Greenleaf.

I have recently finished our fifth house which is another drift away from the norm, challenging but fun to complete.

Have you seen my house # 2  ? the one with the verandah all around and Silver Roof 

Attached is a pic ,if more detail is wanted of either house drop a line here and I will put some shots up here

House__2.jpg

House 5.jpg

Edited by gillman
Identify the house
  • Like 1

Welcome home, Peter!  Which house did KathieB make the furniture item for?  You have been busy! and it has been 'way long since we've seen you post.  Hope all is well with all of you.

HI Holly,

Too long eh! The bed was made for the Brick house and it fitted in well and perfectly.

Can't remember when I posted last been busy traveling and so on and about to do some more after we sadly lost our beloved Poodle after 14 great years.

House 5 is different due to the Front door opens ( All of the Door ) I will post a pic of that for you and ask if you can see what the difficulty would be  . A hint:the problem was on the Hinge side  not the side pictured 

IMG_5733.jpg

Welcome back, Peter!  I was wondering just the other day whether you were still building or resting on your laurels. Would dearly love to see your houses up close and personal. :) 

Hi Kathie,

I have been still building but hiding under a rock at the same time Ha,Ha,Ha.

I am getting back into Greenleaf again because I have once again said ,This is the last one!

Made three since that statement.We are running out of room and that is becoming a problem too.

I will put some videos together and most likely post on tube .UCThp_pjdKzWdTMrpcoyCyogThis is a link to my Youtube  that covers a very smart Irish Man doing something incredible with a block of wood .

Nice when people remember you after a long time .

Thank's :drool2:

29 minutes ago, gillman said:

We are running out of room and that is becoming a problem too.

Same here. Figured out the other day that if I get rid of a living room chair (that I'm not particularly fond of) and move a chair (which I don't sit in) from the bedroom to the living room, there will be room to display the Beacon Hill in the bedroom. It pays to be creative. :) 

I'm surprised that you built a front-opening house (how Continental of you! lol).  I think most of them leave the roof intact and just the front facade opens, but I don't see why yours wouldn't work as well.  Years ago I designed a scratch build (I have yet to build) modifying one of Gustav Stickley's Craftsman bungalows so that the front and back would open, and mount those walls on piano hinges.

Thanks I am surprised too but the secret is in the ,sorry ON the left which I haven't shown yet but I might tomorrow .

This one is a reduced version of my house #5   ( 2/3  ) had to build this way to be sure there was room for furniture.

Wife ( Decorator ) has put most furnishings in but  is waiting for the next Dolls House Show for more supplies .

2 hours ago, gillman said:

The video is how I overcame my door opening problem .

Phew! Brilliant, I think. How many gray cells died in pursuit of this solution?  :hmm: 

Sorry I didn't do voiceover explaining things .

I will do another video shortly explaining the concept of the house and show the electrical work in more detail 

Thank's for the comment Keith cucumber.gif

• 3 months later...