So I answered an ad on Craigslist.......

WBrownIV

19 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

You are going to have SO much fun rehabbing and/ or finishing those!

I am! I've already decided to give Mom the Addison after I repair it. I have got to get the camper finished so I can start on the Glencroft for my sister. So much to do! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Before my Glencroft informed me it was going to be a pub or else, I had envisioned a little thatched cottage.

I was going to recreate a period correct home from the 1600's. It dawned on my that my sister could give two hoots about a period correct Tudor cottage:)

For many years my sister was a dancer in many disciplines. She ended up fracturing her foot so that eliminated Ballet soon after. She now teaches dance in the Chicago area. I have decided her Glencroft will become "Miss Becky's Cottage of Dance"! I will try to keep the historical vibe of the house and marry it to a modern dance studio. I will be needing a lot of help and suggestions! 

• Like 1

Check out Peggi's section of the Team Coventry Cottage building blog, as she made hers into a dance studio and Riley, her hubs, designed an elevator for it:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=core&module=search&controller=search&tags=Follow%20along%20with%20Peggi

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Check out Peggi's section of the Team Coventry Cottage building blog, as she made hers into a dance studio and Riley, her hubs, designed an elevator for it:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=core&module=search&controller=search&tags=Follow%20along%20with%20Peggi

Thank you Holly! I will take a look:)

5 hours ago, smjsome said:

Oh I saw that ad!  I considered but talked. Self out of it!  I’m glad it all went to a good home

Sharon I really hadn't planned on buying it all. I was planning on looking at what she had for sale and picking up a few things. I really couldn't pass up the opportunity. :)

Speaking of which, I have been going slowly through my "stuff". I went through two totes of wood pieces and trim. 

mwtnqc.jpg

2lcpl1.jpg

I'm starting to believe that there may be the remains of a few kits mingled in with all the rest of the stuff. I've come across bags of parts and a few instruction manuals. Sorting the parts would be a big undertaking. I may do that at a later date.

I'm wondering if these folks either had a mini business that closed or they bought the inventory of a closed shop. I've got tons of accessories with labels from "WhoKnowsMinis" A few items are in vast quantities.

qzg77m.jpg

Anyone needing any cookware sets?

200fxoi.jpg

How about plates of food!

Mom and Dad had volunteered to come help so they came over on Sunday. One "mystery" I brought home was a large trash bag that was filled with furniture. I figured that would be fun to go through with them. It was pretty funny. We sat at the dining room table and I would start by taking one item from the bag and hold it up for them to see. They would OOHH and AAHH over whatever it was and then I would pass it on to them. They in turn started organizing things into groups. There was a triage box for anything broken. 

1tkgnc.jpg

As I continued to pull stuff out many of the pieces were missing the drawers. About half way in I started coming across those. Now Mom and Dad were playing the new game of "Match the drawer to the piece of furniture" :)

Needless to say we ended up with drawers with no matches. Kind of like when you sort socks. There always seems to be a few that just don't go to anything!

2aj4ysm.jpg

They really enjoyed the evening and I had fun just being with them! I did inform Mom that I was going to give her the Addison. We will repair the damaged porch and do whatever rehabbing she would like us to do. I told her she can decorate it with whatever we find in my new "collection". I will even keep it here so she didn't have to worry about finding it a home at their house.  I think she was excited at the proposal :)

I still have a ton of stuff to go through but I thing the discovery process is the most fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sable said:

You might want to consider being a vendor at one of your local dollhouse club shows. Another option is a mini garage sale. 

Sable that may be an idea. Some items I have a lot, others may only be one. I have a lot of baby items that I know I will not be using. I have all of that in one box. Only thing I see is How to price everything. I may need a little help with that.

Wow - you really hit the jackpot there!  What an incredible amount of stuff!  I'm so glad you got your parents over to help - it's lovely to be able to share like that!

9 hours ago, Shareb said:

Wow - you really hit the jackpot there!  What an incredible amount of stuff!  I'm so glad you got your parents over to help - it's lovely to be able to share like that!

Hi Rebecca!

I am very blessed to have both my parents at this stage in life! They both have their health issues but still manage to do what they want. They have been having a great time helping me go through my "treasures":)

They were over yesterday and I believe we have found all of the furniture hidden away in boxes and totes. We have pieces that are still missing drawers and drawers with no homes! Here are a few photos of what we have uncovered.

fc5uki.jpg

2e67f5c.jpg

2n702yx.jpg

2yocv20.jpg

iwriuw.jpg

And here is the triage box for the broken items.

33mpr9c.jpg

I told Mom to keep an eye out for any furniture that she would like for her Addison. She picked out a few pieces and I moved them to her house for the time being. I really think my father is enjoying this equally as he has been the one to hint about coming over and helping:). Now to organize everything and pack it up for future use. Anything I know I will not use will be put in the sell pile. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

You have enough baby furniture to outfit a mini daycare center!

You are not kidding Holly! I also have a box filled with baby accessories! I don't plan on using any of it so it's all going in the "sell" pile:)

Hey, you should consider a table at the dollhouse show in St. Louis in Oct! Take all the duplicates! 

Or, in the spring the museum garage sale is only $20 for a table,  yet the expect garage sale pricing of course!  And you get to go in early! So you get to shop before the crowds!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, smjsome said:

Hey, you should consider a table at the dollhouse show in St. Louis in Oct! Take all the duplicates! 

Or, in the spring the museum garage sale is only $20 for a table,  yet the expect garage sale pricing of course!  And you get to go in early! So you get to shop before the crowds!

Sharon I have been thinking about that:)

My biggest concern is trying to come up with a fair price for my items. Being new to the hobby I don't really have a benchmark to go by. Yes almost everything is priced from whatever time period they are from but how close they are to current pricing I haven't a clue. 

Being able to shop early would be a big bonus in my book!

The garage sale - When we went the first time I seriously under priced my stuff, now my husband is in charge of that.  He does a lot of buy x amount get it for this amount.  We’ve usually just had the stuff from bags - you know if you find a bag of stuff for 10.00 and you only want a few things, I used to just donate the stuff I didn’t want but my husband and friend talked me into selling.

you could try looking online?  The table being such a good price really makes it worth it.  

We’ve never done a real show and sale, I assume the prices would be higher there, but so would the table and initial cost. 

Also, the garage sale is 9-2 ish, (we go in to set up at around 7)  so it is over in one day!   

You know, I told a friend about the garage sale, she had bought an entire store from Florida that was going out of business.  She basically took all her duplicates and sold for half of whatever it’s sticker said.   And as the day went on she was group pricing 

But I think her prices were more current 

13 minutes ago, smjsome said:

The garage sale - When we went the first time I seriously under priced my stuff, now my husband is in charge of that.  He does a lot of buy x amount get it for this amount.  We’ve usually just had the stuff from bags - you know if you find a bag of stuff for 10.00 and you only want a few things, I used to just donate the stuff I didn’t want but my husband and friend talked me into selling.

you could try looking online?  The table being such a good price really makes it worth it.  

We’ve never done a real show and sale, I assume the prices would be higher there, but so would the table and initial cost. 

Also, the garage sale is 9-2 ish, (we go in to set up at around 7)  so it is over in one day!   

11 minutes ago, smjsome said:

You know, I told a friend about the garage sale, she had bought an entire store from Florida that was going out of business.  She basically took all her duplicates and sold for half of whatever it’s sticker said.   And as the day went on she was group pricing 

But I think her prices were more current 

I looked up the  St Louis Dollhouse and Miniature Show and see it's $125.00 per table. I think the garage sale would be more my speed. Having it for one day only sounds a bit simpler to me than a two day show.  

I'll try looking up some random items and see it they are still offered today and what the price point is. 

Thanks for the suggestions!