Piece measurments

otter

ok so i have a beacon hill dollhouse, my very first one and i made a mistake while putting the staircases together (live and learn right?) So i tried to pull the wood apart but after splitting one piece i decided to leave it in tact and just filed the pieces and used wood filler to finish the construction on the staircases, and it seemed to work fine (i had made all the pieces fit and there were no gaps)... Until i tried to insert the stair case into the house. Because of the alterations ive made the stairs now do not fit into the house. I live in Australia so it would be very expensive to order a new set of stairs and have them sent to me (is this even possible?) and because ive altered the pieces i cant really measure them accurately and i was wondering if anyone had the measurements for all the staircase pieces so i could buy some wood and cut them out myself? (i am currently awaiting reply from greenleaf company as to what my other options are but thought other builders might have some ideas i could try)

Edited by otter

Oh, Alicia, sorry to hear this. The Beacon Hill stairs are a challenge to install in the best of times. I can't help with the measurement as I bashed my BH stairs so they would be removable and changed out the spindles and handrails.

Would using a fine handsaw and cutting your stair unit horizontally at the ceiling/floor level so the two pieces can slide in without having to twist the unit into the stairway opening work? Once in place, the cut would not be obvious.

You can see photos here of what changes I made.