Batrie Newport

Thejesamus

Hey there. Pretty much new to this miniature dollhouse world. Have a couple questions, any and all comments or advice are welcome. I was left a few vintage dollhouses from a family member. I want to start my first dollhouse but am a little nervous about opening one of these kits. There is one I am looking to open. It is marked as "Patrie" and has a model # DH-71K. Anyone know if this a good beginner house or if I should leave it wrapped up?

Hi, welcome to the forum. I moved your question into the Real Good Toys subforum -- they acquired the Batrie line.

It's a very nice house, but also very big! I don't think there's anything wrong with building it as your first dollhouse, but the size might be overwhelming for a beginner. Hopefully some people who have actually built this one will chime in with their opinions (I haven't).

Jesse, while you're waiting for folks to weigh in, consider posting us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  If you have several kits, you might want to begin with one that's a little bit smaller (this from somebody whose first kit was the Dura-Craft San Franciscan!).

• 5 months later...

I am building the newport. I got it second hand. Turns out it is missing one piece and another piece was replaced but with a slightly bigger piece so now my second lfoor is out of line with the 3rd and 1st floor. sigh. I don't know if I'm going to leave it or not. Mine is an older one so the instructions suck lol. It has been pretty easy to build so far tho. Looking forward to seeing your progress.