First EVER

Cynderellie

Happy Thursday!  As I am brand new to this hobby, I thought it would fun to show you all the only dollhouse I have ever owned (before January 1 of this year).  Does anyone remember this?  Fisher Price, 1979.  Although I didn't make this and there were few to any ways to individualze it, this is what I consider my first doll house.  My fascination with this led to my Mom taking me to the Smithsonian to see their display of the American History Dollhouse.  Many (mannnny) years later here I am: building my first from the ground up.

Fisher price 2.jpg

• Like 1

What a fun house!  I'm a little too old to have played with a house like that (my first was a Marx tin house), but I love the exterior staircase, tulip table and chairs, and the avocado bathroom.  :)  I see the furniture sets came separately.  Did you get those, or did you make/buy your own furnishings?

I was a very lucky little sister - we had ALL the furniture (we would each get a set for birthday and Christmas) and dolls. I remember the father doll reminded me of Mr Brady from the Brady Bunch and I remember that staircase being such a pain to attach and stay put!

• Like 1

I don’t have it ☹️☹️☹️☹️ My sister thought we sold it in the late eighties at a garage sale, but we found out later our Mother gave it to our little cousin (who then sold it at a garage sale in the nineties). The kitchen floor lifted up for storage of the staircase that folded flat when you took the railing off. 

Edited by Cynderellie
spelling errors!

Oh my goodness, this was my first dollhouse! I got it for Christmas in 1979 or 80, and I loved it! I remember the avocado green bathroom and the harvest gold kitchen, and the state of the art stereo set for the living room. I had all the furniture and dolls as well, including the dog. Do you remember a hutch that came with plug in lamps that lit up? My brother and I also used to play with Star Wars people in that house. It satisfied my dollhouse itch for a while, until I got a 'real' dollhouse in 1985 - the Tennyson that I just finished rehabbing. And now that that is finished, I started building my first kit from scratch and am having a lot of fun.

• 8 months later...

Quite a lovely house and a lot of detail. The furniture looks quite sturdy as well. One of the problems with the Lundy I had as a child was that some of the nicer pieces of furniture such as the dining table and chairs were so delicate that they were too easily broken. My Lundy also sometimes played host to my brother's Star Wars figures too and at one point I had some ewoks that lived in there. (A bit funny seeing ewoks living in a house with modern appliances, etc when they lived in trees in the film.)