When do you give in? (or don't)

Sasha

On 11/25/2018, 7:51:05, 1martinimomma said:

You don't need to buy the whole kit.  You can just buy the power supply, the adapter, a spool of red and black wire.  You don't need the other items in the kit since you already have the wiring pretty much finished.  

that's what I went ahead and did. I got the few things I need for now (as you mentioned) to see if I can get things working. Fingers crossed!

Also, make sure your light bulbs are screwed securely into your fixtures... I was near ready to rip out a wall of stonework only to realise that a slightly loose bulb in a fixture was the problem.:rolleyes::D 

It worked! (doing a HUGE happy dance!) I ordered the supplies from CR2S that arrived earlier. I replaced the junction splice (luckily I ordered a new test probe) but nothing came on initially (but the probe said their was power to the first strip). So, I moved down to the splice up into the house and replaced the brads with the eyelets from CRS2 and POOF everything lit up! The only thing not working right now is the front porch (it is the same as the side porch). I tried replacing the bulb, which isn't it. So, I'm going to go ahead and cut out the paper next to the inside of the front door and fix that. The eyelets with the CR2S kit are so much easier to work with!

Thanks so much for all the insight and tips and the great advice to keep me going!!

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sable said:

Brads are the worst and are usually the culprit. Your house is lovely and more so all lit up.

uggh...so true! At the time I just didn't think through the brads versus eyelets and did what the wiring guide showed (obviously I've learned my lesson!)