Home Depot letting me down

Keifer

So I went to HD today to get some plywood and I thought I would look at the Min Wax stains.  I didnt need the stain right now, just looking ahead for my latest project.  Well guess what....I was told HD does NOT carry Minwax stain anymore...how is that posible.  Not sure if its nationwide but I gotta think so.  

I’m still in shock 

Mine has also stopped carrying the Min Wax stains.  They changed over to the Varathane stains and varnishes.  I like these so much better than the Min Wax products. But, that is just my personal opinion.  I used to be so disappointed with the local offerings of stain, that I was ordering mine from Rockler.  You should try the Varathane products, I think you might be surprised in the quality of their products.  They especially work well with hardwoods, that don't take stain easily, like hardwood maples.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

You should try the Varathane products, I think you might be surprised in the quality of their products.  

I’m glad you chimed in.  I’m very new to stains, my last project was the first time I ever used stain, so minwax is all I’ve known but I got used to how they react.  That being said, I trust your opinion on the Varathane products so I’ll give them a go. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The hubs &  I prefer Lowe's.

Never been in a Lowe’s but not because I dont like them, they just are not popular by me.  They used to be all around the chicago market but they closed a lot of them.  I would probably pass 3-4 HD before I would get to a Lowes.