Mini show in Elk Grove, IL

Chicago peeps...

The Wee ‘c’ miniature club is putting on their 44th annual show on Nov 9 & 10th.  Its at the Holiday Inn in Elk Grove Village.  Seems like a smaller show but I thought I would check it out since its only about 35 min from me.  Anyone else?

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

I just saw this, and I'm in the middle of building my first houses.  I'll definitely take my daughters.  Thanks! 

If you and your wife don't share a frugal gene, I'd not take her, and I'd swear the girls to secrecy about what stuff costs. :D 

• Like 1

Our show in Boca Raton has Make and Take activities. If this show has something similar, see what the girls would want as a Christmas or Birthday present then send them off to work on an activity and while they are busy, secretly purchase their favorites and hide them in the car.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

If you and your wife don't share a frugal gene, I'd not take her, and I'd swear the girls to secrecy about what stuff costs. :D 

I never thought of that!  This could be interesting... 

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

I never thought of that!  This could be interesting... 

When friend ogle my own miniatures and are in awe of the detailed furniture, accessories, etc., I tell them that it is possible to find in miniature anything that can be found in real life -- and it's only slightly more expensive. :D This is why so many of us at least attempt to create the items that go into our houses.

• Like 1

When you shop at Ron's Miniatures in Orlando they hand you a very little basket to put your items in.  My husband remarked on how much money it could take to fill one of those little baskets; I can go into three figures just buying kits and supplies; the last time I was there when I was building the Fairfields, so everything was for 1:24!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

I have a 3D printer, so my brain has been overloading on experiments to try. 

This could easily become dangerous. Lol. 

You may have to teach me some weekend as it appears we are neighbors of sorts. 

18 hours ago, otterine said:

Sounds like we were there at the same time.  I’m kinda socially awkward so I didn’t really talk to anybody.   Plus I don’t know what you look like.   Great kit you found though.  

• 11 months later...

Hard to believe a year has passed!  The annual Wee "c" Mini Show is in Elk Grove Village, IL again this year. There was an awesome workshop roombox in the finished project room. There's always excellent work on display, and patrons vote on best in show. :D

My finds:
http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/wee-c-miniatures-show-2019