Linoleum Question

Msdemeanr

Hi there - I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I searched the topic in the forums and I saw the awesome end results but not the steps to do it. I’d like to do a linoleum type of floor in the bathroom and kitchen. I’m still really new and still learning. Any recommended patterns or what to put on top to give it the texture? I tried scrapbook paper and Modpodge but it got too soggy and curled, it didn’t get thick like I wanted it to. Am I missing some vital step? (Probably ;)) I’m looking for something you would find in a 60s or 70s type house, but not over the top. Like the type of linoleum you find at mom’s/grandma’s house. 

Another thing I did was to apply scrapbook paper to a thin primed (on both sides) board. Then I added at least three coats of water based gloss polyurethane. I used a satin gloss finish in this room but you might want to go with a higher gloss finish:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=134995

My linoleum exposure predates yours by fifteen or twenty years.  For most of my "linoleum" floors I choose the base color I want and paint the floor that color and let it dry.  I then dip an old splayed-out toothbrush lightly into a contrasting color and hold it over the floor and rub it with my thumb to get the color to splatter in tiny droplets and splotches and let it dry.  I repeat the toothbrush treatment with a couple of other colors and wind up with what looks like the linoleum floors I grew up with.

I've done both - the flooring samples at Home Depot, I definitely didn't have the right cutter to get through those thick boards! I ended up using the scrapbook paper with modge podge. But I didn't apply the modge podge until the paper was already glued down using this awesome glue called Gane Yes All-Purpose Stik Flat Glue. I saw it on a wallpaper tutorial on Youtube and ordered it on Amazon. It's AWESOME and none of my wallpaper or flooring has warped since, even when I heavily apply the modge podge to it.