Is there a tutorial for scaling wallpaper in Photoshop or Paint?

Mid-life madness

Since @Sharebhas asked about scaling wallpaper, I have heard others say they use Paint, or Photoshop to make their own paper. I am wondering if there is a tutorial on this site or another place? I have Paint and Photoshop Elements, but don't use them enough to be proficient.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about a "real" tutorial for using paint, but I've been doing my wallpaper for years now with it and I think I could get a few screenshots uploaded with explanations to show how I do that. Y'all have to wait until the weekend though.

• Like 2

I use TouchDraw on the iPad. It's a lot like using the old Adobe Illustrator application. It’s isn’t necessarily user friendly, but works well for repeat copy, flipping or inverting images, sizing or scaling. I use the iPad camera tools for color enhancement, cropping, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soapz said:

I'm not sure about a "real" tutorial for using paint, but I've been doing my wallpaper for years now with it and I think I could get a few screenshots uploaded with explanations to show how I do that. Y'all have to wait until the weekend though.

That would be great Chris!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if it's still needed, but if you have photoshop it would probably be best to look at/watch a few tutorials on "Creating seamless patterns in Photoshop". There's a specific way to create repeating patterns. If you have illustrator and are drawing your own design (or have a vector image) it's even easier. But Illustrator wouldn't be good for most images, probably.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Milah said:

Don't know if it's still needed, but if you have photoshop it would probably be best to look at/watch a few tutorials on "Creating seamless patterns in Photoshop". There's a specific way to create repeating patterns. If you have illustrator and are drawing your own design (or have a vector image) it's even easier. But Illustrator wouldn't be good for most images, probably.

Thanks for the tip Kelly!!