IMG_0454.JPG.6269d1b7c4132d8aaf0ccb6fc31

Just in time for Christmas in July, I have finished building and decorating the Greenleaf Orchid as Santa's Gingerbread House. Mrs. Claus, Santa and his brother Krampus live in this house with the elves where they make toys, check the naughty and nice list, sip tea and eat cake. The house includes a study, workshop, family room and bedroom. Started building last December, now 8 months later, I was helped in making design decisions by my 4 year old daughter, who loves to play with "Gingy". We've been cranking up the music box which plays "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and eating spice drops while playing.

IMG_0450.JPG.4b03f2f33aa3f3dfde8d0b58083IMG_0444.JPG.cf4b4a0baae3095fdb28778c7a8IMG_0457.JPG.5423dd3a2c04d57837f1c77a0fcIMG_0456.JPG.7b2cf47b00123d04ee52339e283IMG_0452.JPG.b784cafcab546e477a8f295a040

Edited by JSundbakken
uploaded images
  • Like 4

Nice job,Jennifer.  When you have made five posts you can put your pictures into albums in the gallery and paste them into your posts; sooner or later you will run out of bandwidth to post photos from outside.  Did I miss your intro in the Newcomers' Forum?

On 7/18/2018, 6:03:48, Keifer said:

Very well done!   And you say this is your first dollhouse?  You are quite the natural miniaturist.   I look forward to your future endeavors. 

Thank you!  Your words are very encouraging!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NewbieAH
      I bought the Garfield with most already build. There’s some doors & steps missing. I’ll figure it out just wanting to see better pictures if anyone has done it to see! Thank you!
    • By Boden
      Hi Everyone,
      I need a little help with the Orchid's double hung windows and staining/paint the surrounding walls. Sorry if a simliar question has been asked before, but I could not find an previous blog post.
      For part B of assembly, the directions say that the "portion of the wood surrounding the window opening, both interior and exterior, should be finsihed as the sashes have been (i.e. paint or stain) before gluing the sashes in place."
      (I stained my window sashes a dark brown, but I plan to paint the exterior a light blue. For the interior I want to do stucco.)
      So my question: how do I measure how much I should stain around the window on the house's walls? When I look at pictures of finished Orchids online it's not obvious to me that everyone has followed this direction. Is it really that important?
      -Sarah
    • By AlisonJR
      Hello! 

I'm currently working on my first dollhouse. I bought this already assembled and have noticed there are hinges in the corners of most of the rooms (photos attached) some of which stick out quite  bit. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to hide these as I don't want them to show under my wallpapers. (it seems as if they were used to pull the corners of the dollhouse walls together)

Thanks!
    • By AlisonJR
      Hi,

I am currently working on my first dollhouse. It is an Alison Jr. I am hoping to handpaint and illustrate my own wallpaper and am not sure where to start. What paper is recommended? Also wondering if a seal, specific glue is required. I was hoping to make individual entire wall sized paintings (probably with watercolour paint) that will mount to the walls as wallpaper (and won't fade over time). 
    • By jenr627
      I have built a bunch of mini homes but I think the last one I did was over 4 years ago.  I really want to get back into it, I have tons of kits that I have great ideas for but I am feeling a little panic.  I just have not done this in so long I feel like I am going to screw it up somehow.  Starting with a Buttercup cottage for a 4 year old relative.  Looking for some good tips and maybe a few words of encouragement!
      Thanks!
      Jen in NJ