Thoughts about Cinderella coach, faux pumpkins

WyckedWood

I fell down a rabbit hole the other day after looking at antique storybook images, particularly the different ways that Cinderella was portrayed.  One thing led to another and I found some really cute tiny white mice and some blue silk and now I’ve got a project going. The fairy Godmother I had already made a few months ago, now feeling inspired to complete a Cinderella scene.  I’ve been trying to decide how best to make a coach and wondering if anyone has made anything dollhouse related with those carvable pumpkins? Wondering if the walls would be too thick for miniature scale...and any thoughts on what size to look for, or something else that would work better for a coach? Wouldn’t have to be a pumpkin.  

I found this fun tutorial..talk about trash to treasure. Not sure it’s scale is intended for a 1/12 doll though. 

I thought I remembered members using them but couldn’t recall specifically who or where to look. 

Our Hobby Lobby probably already has their fall merchandise out so they won’t be hard to find. I was thinking a white one might be neat. 

I saw those on eBay but I was thinking it might actually be too large. The doll seated would only be about 3.5 inches tall. Just so hard to gauge without seeing in person. 

Grandt had some kits where houses where built inside melons and squashes - the kit included a foam vegetable with instructions to hollow it out with a melon baller. I heard it was pretty time consuming and meticulous, but yet that is a method.

• Like 1

I was wondering about gourds too, but the idea of carving them seemed daunting and I wasn’t sure they came in round shapes. Thanks for the link Grazhina, really interesting! I think that could work really well. 

Good ideas, I think she mentioned the balloon method in the video too. 

Holly I had that same thought right after I typed the last comment and hit “submit reply” lol