Pierce rehab

Hi, I'm trying to rehab a Pierce. I have read on here that you can contact Greenleaf,and they would help you with things like the paperwork for a house or you could reorder replacement parts. I received a email this morning replying that they no longer will do this unless you have bought the house and have a receipt as proof. That Craig's list and eBay have houses for sale for parts. Any suggestions to help me with this issue?? Thank you. I was impressed with how fast Greenleaf responded, within 24 hours. Feeling a little disappointed.

Welcome to the forum! If you tell us what you need to fix on your Pierce, I'm sure people will have suggestions for how to approach it.

Hi, I'm fairly new to the world of miniatures but have most definitely a huge fan. I saved a Pierce from the trash just in time. I'm not sure if anything is missing. So I guess I would start by needing the paperwork to see if it's all here. I know I can make and or order windows and doors. The porch railing is damaged was hoping to just replace it with one from the company, but cannot due to their policy change. For now the paperwork that would let me know if I am missing anything from it's original build. Thank you.

The company doesn't allow you to purchase new directions or die-cut sheets any longer? Am I reading that correctly?

1 hour ago, Linda Adams Randall said:

just replace it with one from the company, but cannot due to their policy change.

Linda, is the house already built? If so I think you'll have more luck looking at pictures of finished Pierces than the instructions and schematics that come with the kit. Those would just show you all the disassembled parts and the steps for assembly -- it would be hard and probably confusing to work backwards through those and figure out if you're missing things.

You can search for Pierce images in our gallery. Here are some to get you started. I didn't include albums where the house has been very changed from the original kit, since that will be confusing for what you're trying to do right now, but there are some great bashed Pierces in the gallery that you might want to look at later for inspiration. One of these has a scan of the instructions as well.

• Like 1

Hi Linda - I've been building a Pierce for a couple of years.  I have some good photos of the building process in my Pierce album.  Feel free to have a look through and contact me directly if you want to chat!

23 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

The company doesn't allow you to purchase new directions or die-cut sheets any longer? Am I reading that correctly?

If you have purchased a house from them and have a receipt than they will let you purchase parts from them. The house I have was one I saved from being thrown away fully assembled. From what I read you have to have Bought the house in order to purchase parts.

Wow, that is too bad. Maybe that has always been the policy and I just thought otherwise.

I can't wait to see how you fix it up. It will be a neat thing for others in a similar predicament to see as well.

4 hours ago, Linda Adams Randall said:

If you have purchased a house from them and have a receipt than they will let you purchase parts from them. The house I have was one I saved from being thrown away fully assembled. From what I read you have to have Bought the house in order to purchase parts.

When you called the Greenleaf customer service, is that what they told you?

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

When you called the Greenleaf customer service, is that what they told you?

In her first post, Linda said:  I received a email this morning replying that they no longer will do this unless you have bought the house and have a receipt as proof. 

Hi Linda,

I also have a Pierce in progress. There are photos in my album.  I have my instruction sheets and would be willing to help you identify parts and find replacements. IMO the porch will turn out nicer with replacement parts from Hobby Builders Supply.  Mine was damaged in moving and I plan to use sturdier posts and rails to rebuild it. 

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=5485

• 3 years later...
On 6/26/2018 at 6:24 PM, NellBell said:

For the pierce house I have bunch of items left since I turned mine into a castle. I didn't use the railings, posts ,  staircase,chimney  and any trims If you need any thing like this let me know .  

Not sure if anyone ever took you up on this and it's been 3 years but it never hurts to ask. lol
I am desperately searching for the porch railings and upper staircase as well as front door and side (dining room-French?) doors if anyone still has some to sell!