Can you ID a house just by roofline?

WyckedWood

Just drove by this in my neighborhood...painful...deciding what to do. Wondering if we're good enough to ID it just by seeing the roofline? Thinking maybe one of the dura craft farmhouses? 

IMG_9881.JPG

IMG_9882.JPG

Duracraft farmhouse doesn't have that window at the top - but Victoria's does, but not at the diamond/angle as in your pic. It looks too large to be Westville.

So is it headed to the dump? Poor little house.

I looked up the farmhouses..youre right, didn't think about Victorias farmhouse though, bet your right. And theres a Hobby Lobby nearby with RGT products so its readily available locally.

Nah, don't think it's Victoria's Farmhouse. First, there's the window angle that Jenn mentioned. The window is also a little lower. VH has more of an overhang of the roof, and of course the trim and fireplace (which could have just been left off). But the biggest thing is the gable peak is flush with the roof peak, and this one is not. 

I think the diamond window is going to be our clue. I feel like I've seen it, but can't place it yet 

Okay think I found it. Only a picture, not the name yet. It's RGT I believe, And I think it's the one that also came as a log cabin in the same style. Can't remember either of those names... :(

edited: The Montpelier  or Greenacres maybe. The Ponderosa is the log cabin version.

Well, nevermind... Those also have the flush gable like the Victoria's Farmhouse are. But they have the diamond window.

• Like 1

Ok, maybe this is wishful thinking, but are you sure it's being thrown out? The trailer it's in says it's a builder. Maybe it's not going to the dump. I've heard of builders making a dollhouse as a model for a real house they're going to build ... although then it would probably not be a standard model ... but I've twice had it happen that a carpenter was at my house or my daughter's house and they noticed the dollhouse I was working on and were very interested. Maybe they found the one you saw at a worksite and rescued it? Maybe they're taking it home for their daughter? Maybe?

5 hours ago, Samusa said:

Wow.. you dollhouse sleuths are good! :D You nailed that roof line in a hour!:clap:

I know right? I’m impressed! I’ll drive by again today and see if it’s still there, if it was left out in the rain I doubt there are plans to keep it. 

• Like 1

Well...I'm pretty sure it had a happy ending. I didn't get it, but it was still in the trailer yesterday morning and was gone by the time I drove past again that afternoon. Trailer was still there. Busy street so probably caught a few eyes! 

• Like 3