Greetings and Salutations!

WBrownIV

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

The thing is, they all click initially. If there were only some way to tell which will survive the test of time ... *sigh* ... On the other hand, even minor forays into new territory can be rewarding in the short run and add to the pool of experience that accumulates as we age.

True, Kathie, true. I'm a Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. Hopefully, this will be the exception.:)

12 hours ago, WestPaces said:

It's no problem if you spend a few dollars on something and then find out it's not for you. However, when you're several hundred dollars into it, only to end up with a bunch of stuff you'll never use again, yeah, it can be quite a problem :ermm:

That it can! I've been a mechanic most of my life, thus I have a lot of tools between home and work. I've been reorganizing my shop and have come across quite a few tools and pieces of equipment that I bought thinking I needed it at the time. Many of these items have never been used.:eek:  The sad thing is I had the receipt with each item. Nothing gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you see what you spent on something you have never used :( And now obsolete as the cars they worked on haven't been seen for the last twenty years!

11 hours ago, KathieB said:

The thing is, they all click initially. If there were only some way to tell which will survive the test of time ... *sigh* ... On the other hand, even minor forays into new territory can be rewarding in the short run and add to the pool of experience that accumulates as we age.

Kathie I couldn't agree more. Even if my enthusiasm wanes and I move on to other things, if I learned something I didn't know before (or how to NOT do something!) it's all good!

On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2018‎ ‎2‎:‎52‎:‎16‎, WBrownIV said:

Janet you have just described me to a T when it comes to new "hobbies"! I would be all enthusiastic about the new thing I was into, research it to death, spend a bunch of money gearing up and loose interest after a short while. Then I'm on to the next new thing!  Growing up this routine would totally exasperate my parents.  

Yup - I get that too.  In fact it also exasperates my husband!  :D  I always put it down to being a Gemini....  My kids are also like that, especially my daughter - they're both Gemini's too!

• Like 1