Any tips and tricks for using downloaded wallpaper?

Shareb

I did think about that but these are extremely tiny hinges, smaller than anything I have used before and I am a bit nervous that the super glue will get into the hinge part but I will try it I think,. thank you Carrie, you have given me the courage I needed. Rebecca I would still like to know what you did with yours..

2 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

I did think about that but these are extremely tiny hinges, smaller than anything I have used before and I am a bit nervous that the super glue will get into the hinge part but I will try it I think,. thank you Carrie, you have given me the courage I needed. Rebecca I would still like to know what you did with yours..

I just used tiny hinges on my bar. I didn’t predrill the holes. First I put a tiny drop of crazy glue to set the hinge, then I pushed the pins in place with a hemostat and lightly hammered them.

Sable thank you for the answer. I have already drilled the holes but it is still good to know for another time. It is not wood and is hard so I am not sure if I could hammer them as my dexterity is sometimes a problem and  they don't have a point on them. Actually it was funny when I was placing them as periodically my rotten arm would twitch and the tiny pin went flying..impossible to find  too  so I am now missing a couple.My hemostats were too thick to pick them up so I was using needle tweezers. On the positive side I am still enjoying the project, I have now stripped the wallpaper off twice . it just wasn't right and am waiting for a parcel to come from the UK before I do it again. I will wait till that comes before I glue them though.

Holly great idea that is worth knowing about  but these could be anywhere they really flew and they are only about 1/8th of an inch long. I will try it though around the area.If the cleaner picks them up they will be among a great heap of dog hair. so that will be fun. I was doing it on the coffee table in the living room which of course has low pile shag. I did try a magnet on them but they didn't react of course.  I actually do have some extremely tiny sewing pins which fit the hole perfectly and the head is bang on for size  but are a little too long however I could snip them off. They are not the same color but I can adjust that.  Lots of fun

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018‎ ‎9‎:‎51‎:‎52‎, Thimble Hall said:

Rebecca, can you help me please? I am just at the point of fitting the hinges.  The door is held securely  in place  with masking tape right now . I  have drilled tiny holes the same size as the pins and placed the hinges over the holes, then dropped the pins in. It has all lined up good but I have to secure them,the pins are a tiny bit loose .Did you glue the hinge  and pins  to the door etc.  I am really stuck now.

I'm so sorry I didn't see this before now Jeannine!  Did you get it working?  The first time I just held the hinges in place with tape, used a sharp pointy tool to indent the wood (can't remember what they're called) and then hammered the pins in.  When I had to take the door off in order to wallpaper, the holes were slightly loose when I put them back in, so as Carrie suggested, I used a drop of superglue under the hinges and that seems to be working well.  Message me or quote me and that will send me a notification.