Bishop miniatures show / fair Atlanta

3 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

I today added up what I spent yesterday...  bad idea! 

This is such a bad idea that I'm not going there, at least not yet. Maybe next week when I download the charge card record ... or not.

That’s where Betinha Murta is! She has been a dealer at our Show for years and hasn’t contracted for our Show next week. The Atlanta Show is too soon before our show and dealers don’t want them so close together. Bummer, she will be missed. 

I'm so glad to hear that Donna is still going strong; I used to look forward to trips to Gainesville and a visit to Raggedy D's when it was across the street from Oaks Mall.  I found the porcelain Santa & Mrs Claus dolls I turned into a butler & cook:

first residents, Rose & Reggie.jpg

Sable, I am so sorry Betinha won't be at your show. That's a shame, she's so close. And she has become one of my favorite gotta-go-see vendors. 

I understand though the problem with them being close. Maybe next year she can plan ahead and have more stock ready. 

Holly, Donna's stuff was lovely. I don't think I've ever purchased from her before. She had several chairs in different colors, wish I could have bought them all!

Kathie, Tracy! It was such a treat meeting up with you girls, the show and tell was great fun. 

This was my first ever miniatures show and I was blown away by the beauty and quality of some of the items (most!) I think I was a bit more reasonable than the others as I still had money left over :)

Can't wait for the next one.!

11 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

It was great meeting you too!

The next show is September 29.

Something else fun coming up is the Mini Garage Sale at Miniature Designs April 20-22.

14 hours ago, WestPaces said:

Can't wait for the next one.!

Tracy, I Googled the Sept 29 show and couldn't find it. Do you have a link? I figured out how to get home from Miniature Designs without using the interstate system, so the April Garage Sale could be doable. Maybe by then I'll know what wallpapers I'll need for the Beacon Hill and Miss Marple's Glencroft.

The info is on the Atlanta Miniature Society site. I had a hard time finding it. I heard JP say the date as he was handing out contracts to the vendors Saturday, so I knew it was planned already. It's a week later this year than it usually is.

http://www.atlminiature.org/

Yay for backroads, that will make the trip less stressful for sure!

Thanks, Tracy! But check out the wording on the announcement (red emphasis mine). Scrambled dates! I sent them an email requesting clarification.

38th annual AMS Miniature Show and Sale

Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter, Dunwoody Location

4386 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Atlanta Ga 30341  770 457 6363

September 28nd and 29rd 2018 

Friday 22 7:00 to 9:30pm admission $15 adults $8 children (two day admission cost)

Saturday 23rd 10:00am to 4:30pm admission $8 adults $7 dollars for children.