Bishop miniatures show / fair Atlanta

3 hours ago, WestPaces said:

In Tucker, Ga near Atlanta http://www.bishopshow.com/atlanta. I'm going! It'll be my first time attending a show :)

I'm going to be there on Saturday with my sister, and I believe Tracy (sparklepuppies) will be there as well.  We need to get together. One time in Atlanta and another in Chicago the Greenleafers in attendance got together for lunch.

My goal for this week is to stage the unfinished interior of the Beacon Hill with the furniture/lighting and accessories I already have, so I'll have a good idea as to what to look for at the show. I'm famous for saying, "Oh, this will be perfect!" and later discovering it is identical or at least very similar to a previous purchase ...  and it has been many months since I looked at the BH stash.

23 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

I will be there as well. :)

Kathie, a few weeks ago I came across the badges we had at the last show we met up at. I think you made those? Those were neat. I have no idea where I saw it though, so not sure I could put my hands on it again!

From the Atlanta show? Not I. Don't remember badges for that show. I recall some house-shaped badges, painted green, from the Chicago Bishop show; a member who did a gorgeous Beacon Hill made them, if I recall correctly. 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Peggi made those badges.

What did they look like?

I remember now. Holly,Tracy, Lawson, Peggi, Gayle, me, my sister Helen, and one husband -- don't recall if he belonged to Gayle or Peggi.

55 minutes ago, KathieB said:

What did they look like?

I remember now. Holly,Tracy, Lawson, Peggi, Gayle, me, my sister Helen, and one husband -- don't recall if he belonged to Gayle or Peggi.

There was a photo of a Coventry Cottage and our names on them, and the hubs was MINE.

19 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

There was a photo of a Coventry Cottage and our names on them, and the hubs was MINE.

But then there must have been another husband there as well, as the couple I recall was sitting across from me and the guy I made eye contact with was not your DH.

Don't you just hate it when bits of the past float out on the tides of time?

Well, I've tried to upload some pictures this morning, but it's being a little wonky. I guess I'll have to get up off my lazy behind and go to the computer and try from there.

Karin, there was no dragon bed this year. :( He said he's trying to get it ready to take to Chicago. So maybe someone else can photograph it there for you. I did take some pictures of his table for you, with his beautiful paintings and wood pieces. His paintings range between $199 and $279. He said please don't hesitate to send him a message if you see something you are interested in. At least now you have a general idea of what to expect. He was sure to mention his paintings are less than half the price of other professionals. :) I did buy one of his "this years show" frames, so at least I have something! 

2 hours ago, NellBell said:

Can't wait for the day to meet up with some of you at a show.

Meeting a form member in person is always a treat. Meeting at a show puts another layer of wonderfulness on the event. :) 

Kathie, I'm so glad you posted that picture of us!  I've got the picture from the last show saved as well.  I so much enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone, the show and tell time was great fun!!

I'm still having picture upload issues, even from a computer.  So that's pretty sad.  I'll try again tomorrow, and try some different things.  So for now I can talk about the stuff I got.  Oh, and I today added up what I spent yesterday...  bad idea!  I know better than that.  We'll just say that between this weekend's purchases and the Thirty-One order I placed earlier in the week, I have matched my husband's purchase from last month of an Xbox One X.  (If you don't know what Thirty-One products are, don't go look it up.  They are addicting!) 

I wasn't looking for anything in particular , but it came apparent pretty quickly that I was going to be having a purple tea party.  Betinha Murta supplied the platters, plates, teacups, and cupcakes, all made from cold porcelain, and Raggedy D's Miniatures supplied an adorable purple chair.  Rosemonde's cottage helped out with clear purple candlestick holders and candles, and a matching vase with a single rose.  There's also a pink and purple gingerbread house, also made by Betinha, but we'll see if that makes it to the party.  I also got some lavender flowered wallpaper, because I haven't determined the location of said tea party yet.  It might be in a gazebo kit I have already, but we'll see how that works out.

I made my second annual trip to Sally Manwell Miniatures booth, where once again she had a great supply of Karen Benson quarter scale kits.   I got kits to make a castle room (to coordinate with the royal astrologer's room I got last year) including the box, paper and accessories, bed, bedding, chest, and chair.  She also had several dollhouse kits for 1/48 scale, so 1/576??  Those all came with their own display tables.  I got kits to make 5 houses, plus a small cabinet dollhouse. I made the first one today, and it's 3/4" across, and so cute!!  (Kathie, don't worry...  the pieces we were looking at yesterday in the tiny box...  those were the pieces for 3 tables, not 3 houses.  The houses are each in a little bag inside the larger bag, and are made of either very very thin wood, or a stiff paper.)

Other honorable mentions:  Michael Reynolds frame (I think he makes a new design each year for shows, these are not wood, plaster I guess?  aged gold, and it's beautiful), a small wooden box with purple heart wood lid (Smaller Than Life), a table made from a sliced geode (I apparently collect these, this is my 4th!), potted succulents, a set of black oriental table and plant stand (all from The Enchanted Garden), a bowl and vase from Talley's Turnings, hand painted plate (Carol Sherry Miniatures) and some wallpaper and ceiling paper.  Oh, and a gluing jig!!!  I've always wanted one, but I never think about getting one.  I've already used it today, and I love it so much.   I had fun unpacking everything today and finding homes for them.  :)