Media Alert: Greenleaf back on the silver screen!

What a great idea! I still like the aprons Tracy, Linda, Nutti, etc got to wear for Rik Pierce's class!

Maybe eventually someone would add "fanwear" to the Greenleaf Store's merchandise? Huh?

:loveletter: I made those. I just used these things called "Quick Fuse" by June Tailor. You can print photos on the fabric and then you just iron it on your item of choice. I even made a hat for Jimmy when I made him an apron. You can buy the apron and caps at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and even walmart Here is a picture:

gallery_4_172_229012.jpg

• Like 1

Tracy, you did a fantastic job on those aprons and the hat! You all looked so professional at Rik's class! Perhaps there's a sideline job for you in aprons! :loveletter:

I love your cap and apron! :loveletter:

Imagine building a dollhouse wearing official looking house-building gear.

I love it! :lol:

Ohhhh me too!!!! Hmmm... now I made some Greenleaf mini shopping bags... Perhaps I should venture out into the RL size ones?!?! :o

Hugs

How exciting to own a dollhouse that is so predominantly shown in a movie . . . never mind that I own five of them!! :yes: Now if only I could get Tim Allen here to sign the bottom of some of them . . . that'd be cool! You know what else would be cool?. . . if I could get Dean here to sign some of them!! :D

Dean, are you planning a tour some time soon to autograph our Greenleaf dollhouses!? :thumb:

I'm crazy about the Santa Clause movies. I have 1 and 2. Ray's already been put on notice that we're going to the movies when number 3 hits our city.

-Susanne

I love them too! When I decorate for xmas, I pop in the 2 movies and play them all day every day. I like to look at the background for decorating ideas! I have seen SC 1 about 100 times. Mostly I just listen and I will run in the room for favorite scenes. Can't be putting up trees if I'm watching the movie!

Dean, are you planning a tour some time soon to autograph our Greenleaf dollhouses!? -Susanne

Ya' know, there is a rumour going round that Santa and his :rudolph: s are just saying they live around the Northpole but really they have a nice all year around pad way up north in Sweden :yikes: so grab your :xmas: and we'll be of in signing winter wonderland.....

Ok, might not be eggnod's fault but that warm gluewhine....

Hugs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

You know, I've seen all these movies and never connected the dh to GL. How cool is that, having the BH and the Orchid on such prominent display.

Let's face it folks, Greenleaf houses each have such amazing and distinct characters. Yes, they're a bit complex to build, sometimes, but the end results are always super eye candy.

If GL ever decides to do a lasercut Beacon Hill, I just might be tempted to own one. Maybe. All that trim is a bit intimidating. I bet GL could do even better if the windows already came assembled.

BUT I do understand where they're coming from..., that if you do all the assembly yourself, you get a better price deal. Works for me.

Geeze, today is one of those days where I can't get warm. We escaped the mass quantities of snowfall our weathermen promised us, but oh, the cold!

:)

• 2 years later...

Seems like there was a thread about "dollhouse spotting", something like that. Maybe they could be combined. I love seeing dollhouses in movies and the clips from programs. I'm going to have to look up this movie. The photo stills also included Buttercups. :)

• Like 1

Googled it Holly,Season 6 episode 11. I have the dvd set,but I'll have to go back and look at it to see the McKinley,since it was before I discovered Greenleaf....Very cool!

Okay,I looked at my CSI copy-that is a huge dollhouse! I can't tell one model from another yet...is it the McKinley? Isn't it a thin wall hung model? Gotta go look some more!

Edited by kat57

It's the 1:12 wall-hanging dollhouse; the Victorianna is the 1:24 version. I does make up into a nice-size house. I didn't build along on the Team McKinley build, but when I got mine built it wanted to be a William Morris-inspired house. I gave it to DS#2's wife, who likes dollhouses & miniatures.

I really love the McKinley,but I wouldn't want a wall hung house. I only took a quick look at my CSI dvd last night,but the house seemed to be sitting on a surface-a table or chest of drawers...so then,the McKinley could be a 'sitting' house,not wall-hung? I know that's off-topic somewhat now....