Furniture builds

Keifer

I forgot to mention in my last post.  The seat cushion sits on a piece of pine wood which is slightly bigger in the back.  That is where I cut slots (drilled actually) for the back cushion pieces to fit into.  So each back cushion will be upholstered separately and then pushed into its slot. 

02674564-7626-49A6-8DB7-EDAB99228DB5.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

You rocked this out of the park! It is so unique and beautiful.

It’s not completely finished but thank you.  The white foam for the back cushions is packaging from some small appliance we got.  It’s stiff so it will hold its shape better.  I put some batting over that before wrapping in fabric to soften the appearance. 

17 hours ago, NellBell said:

Very nice couch.  I'm making an Art Deco doll who would look good lounging on that couch. She's actually more Art Nouveau. I just started her.

I love the art Nouveau movement, the art and the furniture have such graceful lines.  As for the clothing of that period...I am unfamiliar with that so I will be very interested to see what you do.  

17 hours ago, NellBell said:

I actually went back and the construction of this couch is amazing :clap:

Thank you so much.  I wish I had more pics of the construction process. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, Keifer said:

I forgot to mention in my last post.  The seat cushion sits on a piece of pine wood which is slightly bigger in the back.  That is where I cut slots (drilled actually) for the back cushion pieces to fit into.  So each back cushion will be upholstered separately and then pushed into its slot. 

02674564-7626-49A6-8DB7-EDAB99228DB5.jpeg

This is awesome! I love it and am going to try it myself.

• Like 1