Selkie

KathieB

Selkie always shared kindness and encouragement with other miniaturists. I saw her wishing everyone here a happy new year just this month. Even in declining health, she was online encouraging us and wishing us the best. She was a solid community member and will be greatly missed.

• Like 2

Such sad news for our little community.  :(  Always warm and caring and quick to share her knowledge.  I will sorely miss seeing posts from Selkie.

My thoughts and prayers go to her family -my sincere condolences and prayers for comfort during this difficult time.  {{hugs to Twinkle}} 

• Like 1

I came out of hospital this morning and returned home to the most dreadful news that I've had in a long time. My friend and 'penpal' won't be here anymore and I'll miss the Lady like I'd miss the Sun and Moon. For a couple of years now we've shared an email relationship of mutual support. Right from the week that she arrived home from her knee operation and was worried she'd never get on her bike again. She was part of my optimism through my own challenges with multiple cancers and the only 'girlfriend' Rosemary has ever accepted. 

My heartfelt condolences to her family.......She really was one of earths true treasures. I'll miss you Selkie xx

In sorrow, we mourn those lost. In gratitude, we embrace those around us. In sympathy, we reach out to those who grieve.

Thinking about all of you here,

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am only just having a look around the forums properly so I've only just come across this.  I had wondered why I hadn't seen anything from Selkie for so long.  That's really very sad - obviously I'm a relative newcomer to this community, but she was such a helpful and friendly Soul.  Very sorry for her family and friends - including you all here.  

• Like 1