Hello from Chicago!

Silverbird_4

Hello everyone, my name is Shelly and I’m from a suburb of Chicago.  

When I was a kid in the 80’s, my grandparents bought me a Greenleaf Washington which my dad and I built together.  It wasn’t fancy, but I loved it anyway and spent much time just rearranging the furniture and wishing I had a real house just like it.  I eventually gave the house to my young cousin who, unfortunately, trashed it.  

I’ve never forgotten how much I loved that house and it suddenly occurred to me a few months ago that I could just build another one, and this time, I could make it fancy! My love of all things Victorian led me to choose the Fairfield and I just love the smaller scale.  

I’ve run into a bit of a problem just starting out though - one of my pieces was severely warped right out of the box.  No amount of glue was ever going to hold this piece together...and it’s the center partition of the house so it’s an important part.

So anyway, I figured I’d introduce myself while I’m waiting for my new piece to arrive (Greenleaf Customer Service = A+).  I’m looking forward to sharing my Fairfield progress and learning from all of you experienced builders.  I’ve spent most of the day browsing through all the amazing photos in the gallery and I’m very excited to be here!

• Like 2

Welcome neighbor.  I too am from the suburbs of Chicago, NW to be specific.  This is a great place to learn, express yourself and meet lots of good people.  Look foward to your progress and pics. 

• Like 1

Hello Shelly and Welcome to the neighborhood! I’m so glad you got in touch with Greenleaf to get yourself a new replacement. That Fairfield is such a gorgeous house when it’s completed! I can’t wait to see what you do to yours :) 

• Like 1