Beacon Hill - Dollhouse Noob

Squig

4 hours ago, rbytsdy said:

Actually I think this is probably a great time to do shingles and siding, though you will have to make some interesting curved cuts into siding to accommodate those upper corner embellishments. I installed siding before proceeding with the windows and bay roofs, and had to accommodate for the increased thickness.

Ok so all is not lost then, it's just gonna be more work, I can deal with that, I've come this far! Thx

22 hours ago, Squig said:

Hello getting near done here in my Beacon Hill and I'm getting worried about the shingles and clapboard siding. I kinda thought there would be a place in the instructions that would say "INSTALL SHINGLES/SIDING NOW" but nope. So now I just got to Step U: Shutters and  I really think those will need to sit on the siding. Have I really screwed up at this point? I'm looking at the windows and trim I will need to work around and I definitely wish I would have done the shingles and siding earlier. :( Any advice?

15436935178731197804448094792652.jpg

Wonderful Job Andy!! Keep plugging along!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, follow up question for people who have completed the Beacon Hill: am I supposed to side/shingle this notch area between the tower and mansard roof? Because that's going to be crazy! 

IMG_20181201_114534648.jpg

10 hours ago, Squig said:

Thanks for the kind words, follow up question for people who have completed the Beacon Hill: am I supposed to side/shingle this notch area between the tower and mansard roof? Because that's going to be crazy! 

Do you still have the sheet that this piece was in? If so, trace the shape on thin paper, shingle it, and then slide it into place. 

• Like 1