Question about ceramic blades

Mid-life madness

This is just a curiosity question.

Have any of you tried or currently use a ceramic bladed utility knife/ craft knife?

I saw this ad and went to their site because they have a round blade that looks easier to hold....like a pencil. Then I was curious about using ceramic blades for wood. I asked my husband about them as he is in the cabinet industry and he couldn't really say anything either way. I had a teeney ceramic knife at one point that was used for getting into that horrible anti-theft plastic on most merchandise. I didn't worry about my kids using the knife...in fact the cut plastic was more dangerous!

I may have to get one just to satisfy my curiosity. I have a terrible time keeping my grip on knives when I am cutting wood with a craft knife and have had some near misses.

Interesting, Carrie. That curved handle looks to be a good choice for hands that aren't as young as they used to be.

The link you posted is to a Scratchboard page. The knife link is here. The video is helpful.

• Like 1