mwwhite

Hello there, my name is Michael & I'm 55 & from Edison New Jersey USA.

About 15 years ago I built a kit Doll House for my Niece (She still has it and is also expecting her first daughter); I have no idea what brand it was.

Now I'm about to start to build a Corona Concepts "Willow" for my Granddaughter who will be 7 in November, the house will be Her Christmas gift..

When I built the first house there was no internet, so it was just running to one hobby shop after another for advise, well looking around here I've already picked up some great ideas & hope to learn some more.

Take Care,

Michael

Welcome to our community here! We have several friends here building the Willow!

That is a GREAT house too. Nice room sizes and a wonderful classic design.

Have you picked out colors? Will you electrify?

Thanks for joining us here!

Thank You for the welcome,

No I don't think I'll go with electric.

As to the colors, we're going to take our camera to our Son's home this next weekend, I'd like to model the colors from their home, and speaking of colors I loved the tip I found in your old Forum about buying Benjamin Moore samples, I would have never thought of that.

The Willow almost looks like our Son's house, with the exception that the front door on his house is on the narrow side; he lives in Bethlehem Pennsylvania in one of those houses built in the late 1800s early 1900s. Three rooms on the main level a Parlor with French doors off the main hall & pocket doors leading to the dining room then straight into the kitchen (I guess you would call it Railroad style?). The second floor has four bedrooms and a bath & the third floor has two bedrooms.

WELCOME to the forum!

glad you found us! you will find alot of information about alot of things here!

cant wait to see your progress....you will plzz take note that we are always starving for new "eyecandy" and it takes very little to make us happy.

do you have any photos of the first house? perhaps someone here will recognise it.

as for the Willow...that will be a great house....it has alot of nice features which will surely make it a treasured keepsake.

good luck and post photos sooooooooon!

again welcome to the Forum!

nutti :)

Welcome to the forum. What a nice grandpa you are. My soon to be 6 year old granddaughter has already asked me for my house. So I'm sure your granddaughter will love it also. I also have a 10 year old granddaughter that loves to rearrange and decorate. (I know I've never posted pixs with furniture in the house, but when the kids are here, they do decorate and play with the house.)

Peggi

:) Hello and Welcome! I LOVE the colonial style of the Willow. Very classic. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Does she know it's coming ro is it going to be a suprise? Let us know how everything is coming along. We really do love to so progress photos! :lol:

Hi Michael and welcome! I joined the community about a month ago and have found so much support, inspiration, information and advice here. I'm sure you'll find the same! You may want to rethink electrifying though . . . it adds so much character and fun to the house and it's not that hard! Good luck with your Willow!

Welcome Michael! I like the look of the Willow, although I have not built it. It's a very pretty house though!

Do you have pix of your first house? I'd love to see it!

Welome Michael :) So glad you found us.

The Willow is one of my favorite houses, although I have not built it, but I have built a scratch-built Georgian. I love the Georgian house style.

:lol: