The Rutherford

Khadi

I spent some time visiting with my old dollhouses when I was at my mom's house for Christmas.  Technically this was my second dollhouse, but the Rutherford was the first dollhouse that I purchased and built completely by myself.  I think I was 15 or 16.  It was before the days of internet and online shopping, and there were no dollhouse stores nearby, so I had to figure things out as I went and interior decorating and furniture was pretty much whatever I could find.  

I still love this house.  The rooms are so large.  It's too bad it was discontinued.  

Unfortunately, it is stuck at my mom's house until I can convince my brother to drive it down to me in his truck, but I hope to get it someday and renovate it.

1 P1040514.jpg

1 P1040516.jpg

• Like 1

I always loved this house! You did an Awesome job! Sheesh, you did great especially as a teen. It reminds me of the Canterbury dollhouse kit because of the tower (which is why I always loved it). I hope your brother gets it soon so you can get started rehabbing it :) 

• Like 1