Christmas house

Thimble Hall

Because I need to use its display place the rest of the year (and the past three years even through Christmas) my Santa's house stays with the others.  

6 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

...Charles Dickinson had it right...

I'm not familiar with him.  I have read and kept and reread all of Charles Dickens' books, and keeping Christmas in our hearts was his message in A Christmas Carol.  Sorry to be a nit-picker, but I am very picky about my favorite authors' names.

11 hours ago, MLPMagic13 said:

Just curious, for people who have/want Christmas dollhouses - do you keep them out all year or just pull them out for the holidays?

My Christmas house lives in my bedroom year around, just as the Halloween Haunted Hangout lives in the dining room all year around. There's really no other place for them. I don't look at them as seasonal decorations, more like a snapshot of a particular time and place. 

• Like 1

I like to put them away for the year, makes it so fun to set it back up. But then I glue accessories to tables etc, so I don't have to literally place every tiny little cookie. Everything on the stove is glued to stove, etc. Thats why I like having a smallish Christmas house, so it's convenient to store. The Tiffani I used to have was perfect to store away, the one I have now is really too big. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

I like to put them away for the year, makes it so fun to set it back up. But then I glue accessories to tables etc, so I don't have to literally place every tiny little cookie. Everything on the stove is glued to stove, etc. Thats why I like having a smallish Christmas house, so it's convenient to store. The Tiffani I used to have was perfect to store away, the one I have now is really too big. 

That is a good idea, but I am not sure I could resist moving things around a lot.  I think I may change my mind about keeping it out after a few years but it will take me that long to get it all furnished the way I want it, and I rattle around in a house way to big for me.  One of the options I was thinking about in the Christmas house was a Christmas Store, it would be kind of neat to make all the little toys, candies, ornaments trees and all the Christmas Embellishments for a store.  I have see several store fronts used for bakeries that would make nice Christmas shops.  But then a Bakery would make a nice Christmas touch filled with Christmas goodies.

I spent last night looking through a box of furniture to see if there is anything I could use for the house, I planned on perhaps repainting it in Christmas colors. I thought I would start a new box marked Christmas house stuff ready for my collecting. I found a 4 poster bed in pieces which I put back together then found one of the poles that holds the canopy up was missing. I used some plain poles and remade it but am not sure I like it. Maybe with a garland round them or lights it may be Ok though. I have sets of things that I don't really want to use, I would rather the Christmas furniture was a bit more eclectic. I did find a fireplace with a mirror above, sort of Victorian I guess , it may be useful.

I have reassembled my mystery house now it is all stripped, still not sure if I am going to use it though. I am going to take a closer look at the recently finished Artply one first, it has balconies so may be better and I still have the option of the Asters.

I keep thinking about going into Michaels to see what they have for papers. I did print some of the net but the colors were not good and it is a brand new printer.

Karin that sound like a wonderful idea, very special. Your Christmas house was out of this world good I can't wait to see what you do with a whole street.