Garfield-Beacon Hill-Garfield Bash

Khadi

I envisioned building my English manor house few years ago.  It's now coming together literally as I finally decided how I wanted to connect the three houses to make my one manor house and did the necessary chopping.  Each house is in its own state of completion (or incompletion) including the shingles and trim on the original house that I forgot to change to gray when I changed the rest of the house.  I will make an album once I have a little more time and energy.  I also have a great hall and kitchen that will join the estate as separate buildings in time.  I'm also considering doing two more Garfields and another Beacon Hill to create a large building with a center courtyard but that is years away.  I will make an album once I have a little more time and energy. 

1 P1040510.jpg

• Like 3

Holy! That's amazing.  You must have a really big house to be able to do this and also to add on more. Looking forward to seeing your albums. Not sure if you've posted pictures to albums before but I learned a lesson.  It's easier to post a few pictures each time you do something as to sitting down and posting a bunch of pictures at once as it takes like FOREVER.

I don't understand. Are you going to fasten them all together in some way, sorry if I sound a bit dim  but I can't quite picture it. How would you fasten the one in the middle to the other two. I am not being negative here just not very knowledgeable so I am baffled.

Congrats! Love the plan. Good luck with it. Love the combining of builds.

My family mansion is a Garfield, Orchid, 2 Primrose, a Conservatory, plus a barn and bike shop. Not finished.

2 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I don't understand. Are you going to fasten them all together in some way, sorry if I sound a bit dim  but I can't quite picture it. How would you fasten the one in the middle to the other two. I am not being negative here just not very knowledgeable so I am baffled.

Hi Jeannine,  I'm learning for myself with these.  I'm actually not going to physically attach them because there's no way that I'd ever be able to move it.  I'm just placing them next to each other.  I'm aligning pre-existing openings, but I do have to change them some (enlarging or partially closing in).  I'm still deciding on that.  That's the scary part about combining dollhouses.  You have to cut into very expensive investments hoping not to do irreparable damage.  Thanks to watching enough of those home renovation shows on HGTV, I know to be careful cutting those load-bearing walls.  I did cut two of the windows into doors on the second floors and am using bookcases to make a secret passageway between two bedrooms.  I'll let people use their imaginations as to why that exists. ;)

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Congrats! Love the plan. Good luck with it. Love the combining of builds.

My family mansion is a Garfield, Orchid, 2 Primrose, a Conservatory, plus a barn and bike shop. Not finished.

Thanks.  Do you have any pictures or an album of it?  I'd love to see it.

There is no way that house could be moved through a doorway if they were attached to one another.  I left my Faifields separated so I can access all of each of them; otherwise they would be attached where that stair going to the attic looks like it ends in empty space.

On 12/23/2017, 9:15:34, Beulah said:

Wow, do you have any photos of the front.  Amazing 

Thank you!  It's not quite as impressive on the front yet because it is still bare wood, but once the stone paper comes in stock so I can finish covering it, I promise to move it farther away from the wall and take a picture.  

• Like 1