Help me pick the Casa's bed!

SewMini

I would love to get your help picking a bed for the Casa. I found a really cool shop on Etsy that has some beautiful metal beds and I just can't decide. So my vision is that the downstairs is pretty eclectic while the upstairs is Gabrielle's retreat. I want it to have an eclectic touch but look a lot more feminine than the downstairs. That said, I don't want it to look like the lace and frills aisle threw up all over it. So think this: 

ac68cb7e6e4345f73fdc00944a59f059.jpg

Right now my picks are:

The Gracelynne

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525294508/artisan-made-dollhouse-miniature-wrought?ref=shop_home_active_1

The Jonquil

https://www.etsy.com/listing/543032924/new-designs-artisan-made-dollhouse?ref=shop_home_active_16

The Camille

https://www.etsy.com/listing/539287345/artisan-made-dollhouse-miniature-wrought?ref=shop_home_active_22

and The Marguerite

https://www.etsy.com/listing/539100509/artisan-made-dollhouse-miniature-wrought?ref=shop_home_active_11

The Orchid's second floor has a bit of a limited footprint but I do love the simple grandeur of the Camille. The canopy may not be realistic though with the pitch of the roof. The Marguerite still has pizazz but is a day bed and a much smaller footprint.  

What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I'm going with the Gracelynne.  I really like the Marguerite, but agree that a day bed probably won't do it.  I think the Jonquil is a little too shiny gold.  Can't wait to see the room finished!

I concur. :) 

2 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I'm going with the Gracelynne.  I really like the Marguerite, but agree that a day bed probably won't do it.  I think the Jonquil is a little too shiny gold.  Can't wait to see the room finished!

There are actually 6 or 7 different finishes so I dont have to be married to the one in the photo.

That's a very pretty bed! This is so much fun when people post these questions. It's like phone a friend on whatever game show that is. The posts on the Camille just wouldn't work in that house. I am working with the same house right now. Love what you chose and thanks for showing me another great craftsmen.

I love them all. I liked the Camille and Marguerite the best, but I also like the Gracelynn because of that rusty finish. But I like them all - what lovely beds and nice prices, too! Thanks for sharing these links!

I am tempted by that white day bed for an attic scene - it seems so perfect.

39 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I love them all. I liked the Camille and Marguerite the best, but I also like the Gracelynn because of that rusty finish. But I like them all - what lovely beds and nice prices, too! Thanks for sharing these links!

I am tempted by that white day bed for an attic scene - it seems so perfect.

She really has some lovely beds, and they come in half scale, too!  Sooooo tempting!

4 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I guess I am different, I really like the Jonquil, more because of the beautiful design, then anything else, shiny metal can be changed, but it is still my favorite!

I was really torn between the Jonquil and the Gracelynn. I may have to get the Jonquil later and do a room box with it. 

43 minutes ago, blueirishmoon said:

I would have asked if she could shorten the posts of the Camille, so that they were more like the ones on the Fiona, since you really liked that one.

You know, it never occured to me to ask that. Doh!!

7 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I think it would be prudent, in the interest of choosing exactly the right one, to order them all so that you can try each one in the room. You really do deserve to spoil yourself, you know!  :bouncesmile:

Then she'll have the others for future builds. :drool2:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I think it would be prudent, in the interest of choosing exactly the right one, to order them all so that you can try each one in the room. You really do deserve to spoil yourself, you know!  :bouncesmile:

Oh no! That means I’ll have to buy a new dollhouse to go with them all. What a tragedy!! :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SewMini said:

Oh no! That means I’ll have to buy a new dollhouse to go with them all. What a tragedy!! :D

I'm sure if you were to ask nicely, there are good souls here who would be happy to offer foster care for any one of those beautiful beds in their own dollhouses to spare you the need to buy new houses and thus avert [what none of us would ever label] a tragedy. :rofl: