Bug In My Kit?!

More Minis Dollhouses

On 11/20/2017, 5:11:51, rodentraiser said:

Wow! For those of you wondering, I'm not talking about the bugs. I'm wowing because of Dean posting here and replying to Gina. It's incredibly unusual these days to have the head of a company actually contact the consumers of his products. If anyone here has ever had a problem with something they bought and has fought to get the company to respond to them, you know what I'm talking about. And in this case, Gina didn't even directly buy her kit from Greenleaf. Dean didn't have to offer what he did, but he did it anyway. That puts him head and shoulders above a huge number of corporate CEOs of large companies I could name today.

I'm as impressed as can be by the service and commitment Greenleaf shows to their community. People, please take note. In today's corporate world, you're not going to see this very often. Dean, thank you so much for showing what it really means to be concerned about the welfare of the people who buy from you. My hat is off to you, sir!

I agree with this. This has been my experience with Greenleaf since I began assembling dollhouses many years ago. Greenleaf is one of the very rare companies that actually care about their customers and take pride in their products. They genuinely show concern about the products they are selling and their quality. This level of commitment to a product instead of just profits, is extremely rare nowadays. The fact that we have this wonderfully put together forum to go to, shows that they aren't just selling items, they are actually care. This is why I have always been so devoted to Greenleaf. 

I am very impressed with the customer service at Greenleaf .

I shipped over a very expensive UK house which arrived in 7 boxes, the main house was all there but the three boxes which were the basement were wrong. instead of boxes 1,2 and 3 , I had 1, 2 and 2 which meant I had double of some things and was  missing others. The company told me to hang on, when they got a damaged shipment they would send me what was missing, they never did, eventually I bought a whole new basement myself, I shake my head when I think of the money that has gone into that house and it turned out I didn't like the basement and decided against using it !!!

I think Greenleaf would have handled the problem very differently from all the things I have read.. and I have bought 9 of their houses now ,they are good folks  10 out of 10

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I was trying to think of all the Greenleaf houses I've built since the 80s: A Jefferson, a Westville, 1 1/2 Glencrofts, a Rosedale. a Beacon Hill, a Washington, an Arthur, a Brookwood, and a Willowcrest and a trailer are under the sofa.

I have built a kit or two with the woodworm holes.  Since I saw the holes and no bugs I figured I was good to go; the skim coat of spackle covers the problem nicely.  I'm not sure I can remember all the Greenleaf kits I've built since my first one in the 1990s, but three or four Buttercups, a couple of Sugarplums, the Arthur, the Glencroft, the McKinley, the Haunted House,, the Westville, the Washington, two Fairfields, two Orchids (one wood, one plastic), a Coventry Cottage, a Travel Trailer and a Magnolia; and still in the box I have one more Buttercup (or Sugarplum, it's pretty far down in the pile), another Travel Trailer, a Lily, at least two 1:48 village kits and a Garfield.  I'm slowly working on  Brimble's Mercantile and I have another Orchid and a Tennyson that were built with hot glue I need to disassemble and rebuild.