Path of Fear

nuttiwebgal

as of this writting 2 of the rooms are awaiting the final touches

so I will post photos of what we have.. you enter the maze and find yourself in the fortune teller's room where she offers you two choices of going forward....one way is a hall the other is a tunnel...actually the underside of our kids big wood swingset.post-9-1162190801_thumb.jpg skulley waits to great you as you enter from the hall or tunnelpost-9-1162191048_thumb.jpg

from here you pass through black strips to the noodle hallpost-9-1162190980_thumb.jpgand suprise.

a strobbing blacklight will enhance this in the dark

we have passed through the noodles to the Pirate room. the pirate will pop up just as you reach the pool

heading for the dot room. post-9-1162191183_thumb.jpgthats one of my cutie nephews Zach! he worked his hiney off the last 2 days. upon entering the dot room you come to your next choice of paths...both doors that Catriona and Neice Hanna are in lead to the mirror room..which I did not take a photo of..yetpost-9-1162191294_thumb.jpg so no matter which door you choose you end up back in the dot room where magicaly the exit now appears...one worker will move a false panel to the way in to reveal the exit into the graveyardpost-9-1162191485_thumb.jpg you must walk through the graveyard to the crawling zombie before you can exit.post-9-1162191626_thumb.jpg

whew we made it past the crawler and his partner in crime who is hidden in this room. and this is what it looks like when looking back to the dot room.post-9-1162191686_thumb.jpg

that is the end of the photos. from the graveyard we go to the cage which will house a werewolf...who also is opperating the first drop window and the switch for skulley oh yea DH is doing all this!

the cage has bunjee cord bars so he can also climb out and follow them to the next room. which is our 7 ft robo guy. he will try and grab you.

than more hall to the fog room...where we will have laser show in the fog

twist around more hall in the semi dark to another drop window and than to Catriona's floating head room.

she sits in a tall barstool with her head through a peice of card board and black plastic and she switches on the strobelight just as you enter and starts screaming sending you scurring into the kill room where not one but 2 evil people await their oppertunit to slice and dice! :lol:

and out the end...you made it...how about some candy?

the roof is now on so Im hopping that I will remember to take video this yr. got the camera on the charger.

I will try and post the rest of our pictures tomorrow.

sleep well knowing we live in Missouri and not next door! :spider: :lol: :D

nutti :D :woot:

Oh Nutti!! If I had a car, I think I'd drive out to Missouri to come and see your Path of Fear!!! Great Job!! The kids in your neighborhood must absolutely adore you and your family!! Happy Halloween!!!

Wow Lynette, you all really put in a LOT of work for your Haunt!!! Now I see why you are absent. My Gosh.....you all have done Sooooo Much to your yard. I LOVE the white doll with the rose. Reminds me of the White Orchid!

What a wonderful job!!! C ongrats to you and your hard working family!

I went to Madamme Truseau's wax museum around the time the movie with Paris Hilton "Wax Museum" came out and they had a detour from the wax figure rooms. It was a scarey set up. My friend and I didn't know there were live people in there. We just thought it was scarey scenes in wax. In the 5 minutes we were in there about 10 people jumped out on us!! I was SCARED to death!!! I screamed several times and think I hurt my friend's arm from squeazing it so hard!!

I hate that stuff! Even though we were laughing so hard when we finished I was pissed that we were not warned about the live people jumping out. They come so close to you and practically touch you hovering you and don't let up. I get that its tier job to do the scare, but once you've got hte scare get away!! LOL

Hope you have a blast!!

Wow, Nutti, looks like you outdid yourselves again! Great job! I wish I lived closer too, I'd definitely come by for the candy! :)

Have a great time tomorrow night!!

Nutti ... I'll be driving from Marshall to Tulsa tomorrow, passing through Joplin. Are you along the way? I'd love to stop and see what you've done. The pictures look like so much fun!

YES we are on the way!

we are in Carthage

that would be so kewl

but you should know that it is total chaos here in the house so comeby if you can stand the MESS

pm me and I will give you my phone numbers!

we are actually before Joplin.

nutti :D

YES we are on the way!

we are in Carthage

that would be so kewl

but you should know that it is total chaos here in the house so comeby if you can stand the MESS

pm me and I will give you my phone numbers!

we are actually before Joplin.

nutti :lol:

A little mess? With all you have going on??? No big deal! :lol:

I've done the mapquest. Will call you before we come, but expect we'll be in Carthage before noon.

BTW, if you let me peek at your travel trailer, I'll let you peek at a photo of mine. :D

whew! another year! and what a yr we had!

WOW

monday we woke to 30-40 miles an hour wind which had ripped our roof off the top

all day was spent trying to get it to stay on...they put it on in one place moved to the next and the wind riped it off again. this went on from 11 till 5pm when the wind finally gave up.

DH had his way and the roof was on. :loveletter:

I was very glad that most all of the props were in place and the cobwebs had been strung.

at 7:30 we had out first victoms. a brother and his younger sister...she was probably 10 or 11

she came out holding her chest huffing and puffing and he was white as a GHOST...SUCSESS!!!

they came back last night...she went back for more and he waited patiently for her to come out...of course we had added a couple more things and she again came out huffing and puffing and a great big smile....saying she got the crap scared out of her......hooray!

everyone who went in on monday had a good time.

last night we for once started early and ran steady all night long. we had 2 confirmed wet pants...both on high school kids. and 1 adult had to be retrieved from the middle where she would go NO farther...we had to bring her out the way she came with a flashlight.and even than she screamed everytime the plastic rustled.

it was cold but fortunatly no rain this yr

233 passed through my clicker that count does not include mondays 30 or the ones who came back for more. :o

I will post more photos but I just woke up and I still have to fullfill my moderator duties on my Haunters group

so I will be back.

Im so glad it is OVER.

but we sure had FUN!!!

nutti :lol: :yikes:

Nutti, congratulations on another great year!! I so wish I could have come and gone through your haunt, hey, why don't you move closer to me?!! :o Sounds like everyone had a blast and I can't believe, 233?!! Wowsers, that's great success!! :loveletter: Hurry up with those pictures!!

Congrats Nutti and family...

I would have loved to been there to see the scared faces.. You know you did good when you have to actually rescue someone.

My most vivid memory as a kid was when I was 5 - 6 yrs old. We used to go to this Harvest festival every year at Harkness Memorial Park. Well they took an old house on the property and made it haunted. All I remember was the end. Next to the exit door was a coffin...the lid started to open and my mom said I shot out of there like a bullet! I never stepped into another haunted house...to this day!

I'm back from Houston and back on line.

The stop at Nutti's was not to be missed! Even by daylight, it was hard to know where we were in the maze of rooms. And with that underlying sense of disconnect, I'm not surprised that at night the effect is enough to cause visitors to pack extra underwear. The engineering amazed me ... motion sensor hydraulic robots, drop-down windows, a gore room that is worse than a Chicago packing plant, crawling mummies ... super special effects stuff!

Throughout, I noticed strings of tiny orange lights, which Nutti pointed out as kid alerts. When a little child enters the maze, the lights are turned on, alerting the folks in the various rooms to take off their scary masks and just give the kids a little wave and a "Happy Halloween" ... a spook house with a heart. It's wonderful!