Mini granny squares

L Swearengin

O really,, of course I am a dope that is why you were asking about needle ..dong!!ll now please tell me where I can get that pattern where I  Know the centre petal part.  To avoid some joins could you make the centre then pick up and knit the edge stitches on the three sides on a circular needle somehow . I do a lot of shawls that way  as I am sure you do too.

Sorry I didn’t get back until now, but it looks like you have the link from Deborah.  I hunted down my needles and I do have US sizes 1, 0, 00, 000 all in one set, so I just need to find time to go up and farret out the yarn in my craft room.   I will probably do the motif like shawl work and pick up stitches, the ruffle is 9 stitches that you knit for the circumference of the bedspread on 3 sides, that is a lot of turning.  Sometimes after I start something I figure out a better way so we will see.

Hi I got the pattern last night from the Ravelry link and printed  it off.. I am going to start  it as stated in 2 ply to see how it comes then I may downsize it. The bit I don't understand is for the half size she calls for silk sewing thread. I have YLI silk sewing thread which I use for applique on quilts but it is extremely fine much finer than regular sewing thread and with the needles she suggests I think it will be too loose so maybe there is a silk sewing thread I am not aware of. I may just try it first in 1 ply cobweb wool and see what I get.. I also have cotton quilting thread from YLI which is heavier. Or I may try the YLI silk and trust the pattern, I have done that petal leaf on big shawls and the pattern is quite an easy one so we will see what we will see.