The UP House - My first dollhouse

PapaJKK

My original plan was to modify a Dura Craft Newberg. Then I found the Birdswoodshack laser cut model kit of the UP House on Etsy. The model is laser cut from 1/8" Baltic birch plywood. Its dimensions are 19" wide by 16" deep by 21.5" high. The kit was not intended to be a dollhouse,  but rather a fully enclosed model. It does,  however, include the lower and upper floors, as well as a stairway. I have enlarged the window openings to accept commercial windows,  but I will need to make my own doors. I have attached clapboard siding, and will also attach the straight and fishscale shakes. The house is slightly smaller than 1" scale, perhaps 1/14 scale or so. This hurts my sense of scale, but  it is based on a cartoon house, so I am going to make it work. I am going to need to devise a way to open the back of the house for access, probably hinged to open like a book. I haven't drawn plans for the interior yet, but I think it will have five rooms, or areas. Two upstairs will be a bedroom and bathroom. Downstairs will be a living room, kitchen, and an entry hallway with the stairway. Ok, now I will try to upload some pictures.

So, apparently my pictures are too large. I will need to downsize them, but cannot accomplish that on this android device. I will try to do that on my computer tomorrow.  Until then, Happy Miniaturizing!

• Like 1

OK, I am posting my fifth post right now. Next step will be to figure out how to start a gallery. Pictures should be coming this weekend sometime. In the meantime,  progress is being made on the exterior. I need to make some decisions about the interior and order some flooring, wallpaper, fireplace, trim pieces, roofing, etc. Carl and Ellie's chairs are special, one of a kind items, so I will be scratchbuilding those.