Santa Rosa Fire

WyckedWood

Please send prayers, thoughts of protection to our long time, talented member here Monica_the_Haunted. Her neighborhood is on fire, her house is surrounded on both sides with fire raging half a mile away. She has had to evacuate and one of her cherished cats has had to be left behind as she wouldn't come out of hiding. I'm feeling so heartbroken for her. 

• Like 1

The photos and videos are so incredibly dramatic, it sounds like it just exploded over night and by the early morning hours everyone was getting knocks on the door to evacuate.

She has 3 of the most beautiful Maine coon cats, two of them she was able to grab. I know that they are like family to her. 

In case any members don't know, Monica is the artist doing the RGT bungalow that she shares new pictures of every few days.

I know.  I am just catching up on pictures after being away from the forum for a couple of days, and my heart is just breaking looking at some of the wonderful photos she posted.  I also know how dear and special pets are, and I'm really hoping her cat stays safe and makes it back to her soon.

• Like 1

Monica and I are friends and are connected on fb, I will share if I know anything. Right now I know she's safe and watching the area where her house is, sky black with smoke from several miles away.  

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-santa-rosa-fire-20171009-story,amp.html

• Like 1

A few forum members live in this area. I hope everyone and their houses, pets, and families are okay. We can smell the smoke and have ash the ground all the way down in San Francisco.

• Like 1

I was just reading that there is some kind of wildlife refuge/safari in the area and they had to evacuate so quickly that there was only time to open the cages and leave the animals...I'm wondering what species of animals are going to be roaming the countryside and hoping they survive. 

A lot of the wineries have already been wiped out. I just read an article yesterday about how the heat during the summer really hurt a lot of wineries. I'll bet they weren't thinking things could get any worse and now here's a fire. I hear the winds were (are) just fierce there and that's really pushing the fires along.

I think someone has to be setting these fires, though. Even in the wind, that many fires, that fast? And then there's the irony: floods in Texas and Florida, fire in California.

I'm just hoping everyone gets out safely. I can only think of the Oakland fire when I see cars trying to escape like that. And you know it's serious when a McDonald's, a Kmart, and a pizza place burn. This is just making me sick at heart. To all of you in the area, please stay safe.

It's very surreal to see an Applebees burning and no one there putting the fire out. I watched a video showing Home Depot with fire burning through the green spaces of the parking lot. 

YES highly suspicious!! 

Just wanted to update that it is not looking good. Monica's neighborhood was one of the two hardest hit. The homes are leveled. We've watched video from her direct area and it looks like a bomb hit it. Please keep her in your prayers, this has to be devastating. Now curfew is in effect and residents still can't return. 

• Like 1