Beacon Hill, rebuild?

Rachel_MT

I recently purchased this half constructed Beacon Hill dollhouse. I have the original box, the rest of the pieces, and the instruction manual. The dollhouse is a little bit wobbly and not all of the joints are lined up properly. Also, some of the foundation pieces are falling off, as well as a few interior walls on the main floor. Do you think I should take it apart, scrape off the old glue, and start from scratch? I was thinking that might be best but I'm open to any other advice this forum has for me!

This is my first build so I have another question. When preparing the pieces to fit together am I supposed to sand the edges until they create a mitered fit? I noticed large gaps between pieces of the trim (picture below). Do I just use wood filler to make everything join smoothly? 

Thank you!
Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/8d3IX

Edited by Rachel_MT

You might can chip off those dried glue drips with an old steel putty knife; if not, try softening them with warm water & white vinegar first.  Sand the edges flat & smooth just until they fit.  I prefer spackle to fill any gaps; IMO it sands flatter & smoother than wood putty.  Sometimes I need to shave the sides of the tabs a wee bit for a better fit.  I hope none of the windows were installed yet.  I scrounge & save flat pieces of clear plastic to replace or make new windows when I'm rehabbing dollhouses.