1:48 scale dollhouse - which do you recommend

cloudbound

6 minutes ago, Anna said:

Then there is also Jane Harrods kits:

http://www.janeharrop.co.uk/48thshop-house-kits.html a lovley lady I chatten a LOT with both at Farum show as well as the one in Kensington and NeC in Birmingham. 

Jane is a total icon/mini-celebrity, no? I love her kits! They have such a distinctive elegant style. So much to look at in 1:48!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Jane is a total icon/mini-celebrity, no? I love her kits! They have such a distinctive elegant style. So much to look at in 1:48!!!!!!!

I have a couple of her books and have built some funiture from them.

10 hours ago, Sable said:

Yes, and she has great YouTube tutorials on the basics of building these kits. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AcMni8GWfDs

Looove her work, and her husband (I Think) who accompanies her at shows, is also a great source of encouragement and ideas.

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have a couple of her books and have built some funiture from them.

MW too, and MIL has her book of ideas for interior decorating of the 40s, totally superb!

13 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

She is and She is such a sweetheat taking to. Really sharing and showing how to do things at the shows too, had a lovley. Hat with her in Kensington and then met up with her in Farum (Denmark) and I amamazed that She did in remember what we talked about in London, totally had fangirl moment there so to speak :) and her items  are to idé for ! Goes togetherlike a charm and next time I know She is at a show I am going to, I  am most defitley bee-lining to get there!

1 hour ago, Anna said:

She is and She is such a sweetheat taking to. Really sharing and showing how to do things at the shows too, had a lovley. Hat with her in Kensington and then met up with her in Farum (Denmark) and I amamazed that She in facit remenbered what we tanke Saborit in London, totally had fangirl moment there so to speak :) a d Herlitz are to idé for ! Goes togetherlike a charm and next time I know She is at a show I am going to, I almost defitley bee-lining to get there!

Anna, quick! Get a stick and beat your tablet unconscious! The enemy autocorrect is working against you!! :roflmao: 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

Anna, quick! Get a stick and beat your tablet unconscious! The enemy autocorrect is working against you!! :roflmao: 

I did try but it got even worse then soI just thrw My hands up in the air in disgust and admitted defeat, went and Painted some Wood trim instead so that it Looks like a Unicorn either shedded strangley on My work Table... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KathieB said:

Never fear Anna, I understood exactly what you and your autocorrect were saying. :D

13 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Never fear Anna, I understood exactly what you and your autocorrect were saying. :D

Oh good because I got seriously lost there myself LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beulah said:

I never heard of this Jane lady, thanks for posting, I went to her site, and she has wonderful items.  

She does indeed have wonderful items, My mother-in-law has sticker up on a LOT of her half scale items too and they are great petting together and She has also bought from PetiteProperties Too and enjoye dthose kits as much so one can't really goqrong with Any of them :) suitable perfectly in her halfscale Greenleaf Fairfiled 

2 hours ago, Beulah said:

I never heard of this Jane lady, thanks for posting, I went to her site, and she has wonderful items.  

She also publishes wonderful how-to books.  I made her dining table from the book Anna's MIL also has:

Image result for thirties & forties miniatures in 1 12 scale jane harrop

• Like 1

Karen Cary's Miniatures has gorgeous 1:48 houses and some really nice furniture kits...I put together the Japanese House for my Mom. But they are pretty pricey.

True 2 Scale has some cute 1:48 kits but they broke my heart when they discontinued the Parisian themed boutique/cafe. :cry:

I agree with others that Petite Properties is a terrific deal. I put together a few and gave them a Harry Potter theme.

Well, I ended up purchasing the Nob Hill from Suzanne and Andrew's Minis. Couldn't help myself. But it is tiny, so no worries about where to put it!

I want all the Petite Properties HO scale houses, just to finish the exteriors and look at them! Haha!

I am in the process of building a 1:48 house, designed to be a Victorian Store; storefront on the ground floor and two stories above it as family quarters. It is made by Hart's Desire, and has interior and exterior staircases. I am bashing mine to be a 
Bed and Breakfast, am adding a daylight basement, and will be landscaping a rather large yard.

I've never worked in this scale before - only 1:12 and 1:144 - and I am really enjoying it.

I'll start an album later ...

13 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

I am in the process of building a 1:48 house, designed to be a Victorian Store; storefront on the ground floor and two stories above it as family quarters. It is made by Hart's Desire, and has interior and exterior staircases. I am bashing mine to be a 
Bed and Breakfast, am adding a daylight basement, and will be landscaping a rather large yard.

I've never worked in this scale before - only 1:12 and 1:144 - and I am really enjoying it.

I'll start an album later ...

I noticed Hart's Desire Houses have staircases now!!! That is a huge plus.

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

I noticed Hart's Desire Houses have staircases now!!! That is a huge plus.

Not all of the kits do, but I am encouraging her to add them to all the houses. So far, only the Victorian Store has them. 

47 minutes ago, CheckMouse said:

Not all of the kits do, but I am encouraging her to add them to all the houses. So far, only the Victorian Store has them. 

She has a Cape cod 1:48 kit with stairs and fireplace on her site. Stairs will push me over to finally buying one!! I hope she makes a set for the blue Victorian!

http://hartsdesireminis.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=710

Anyone else had a problem with Petite Properties. I emailed them about a week ago to say I was going to buy Memory Lane which is 8 houses and wanted to know if any of their other properties could be bought and added to it to make it longer..I got no reply, I sent a second e mail a few days later, no reply. Tonight I stayed up till 1am  when the store would be open at 9am in the uk, answering machine said they couldn't come to the phone, I waited half an hour and phoned again, same thing this time I left a message with my number asking them to call me collect and I would take the call through the night. that was almost 3 hours ago and still nothing.It is now 4am. I just phoned again and the machine came on again. I don't know what else to do.

This is a shame because with the several kits( about 12), books and some finishing things this would have been several hundred UK sterling order.  I can't just order them without asking the couple of questions I need to know so I guess I am out of luck.

Jeannine

Just found this, I wrote it a couple of nights ago but didn't complete the posting..anyway still the same no replies.

I ordered Raven's Perch several months ago and had no problems at all.  I didn't have to contact them though.  Sorry to hear you are having trouble, they are great little kits.

2 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Anyone else had a problem with Petite Properties. I emailed them about a week ago to say I was going to buy Memory Lane which is 8 houses and wanted to know if any of their other properties could be bought and added to it to make it longer..I got no reply, I sent a second e mail a few days later, no reply. Tonight I stayed up till 1am  when the store would be open at 9am in the uk, answering machine said they couldn't come to the phone, I waited half an hour and phoned again, same thing this time I left a message with my number asking them to call me collect and I would take the call through the night. that was almost 3 hours ago and still nothing.It is now 4am. I just phoned again and the machine came on again. I don't know what else to do.

This is a shame because with the several kits( about 12), books and some finishing things this would have been several hundred UK sterling order.  I can't just order them without asking the couple of questions I need to know so I guess I am out of luck.

Jeannine

Just found this, I wrote it a couple of nights ago but didn't complete the posting..anyway still the same no replies.

Give them a few days--they have been at shows, and their employee/daughter just moved away, so they are shorthanded. And they recently lost their longtime pet. Plus, the time difference . They usually respond within 4 days.

• 5 months later...

Well life got in the way and I never did order the row of cottages but today I went back and had another look.

I  ordered from the Cobblestone Snicket collection, just 2 small houses.They were out of stock of the full range but hopefully they will be available soon. I bought Snicket;s End and Honeymead plus a couple of books.