Arrow 'Royal Dream' instructions

cloudbound

10 hours ago, cloudbound said:

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do any of that sort of stuff.  Wish I did tho

If you have a smartphone you can use the CamScanner App. You just hold your phone over any document and take a picture of it. It scans the document and saves it to a PDF format. I used it all of the time for all of my BIL's estate documents.

Pat, you sound like me. I got a smart phone when I lost my flip phone. And the only reason I got a smart phone was because I just had to pay for the shipping. The phone itself was free. It's supposed to be able to walk, talk, sing, and dance, but I just use it to make calls. I can take pics with my phone, but I can't do anything with them.

EXACTLY!  I imagine there will come the day when we're no longer ALLOWED to use flip phones.  But I don't look forward to that with anticipation.  As it is I have to have my daughter or son do things on the computer FOR me.  Like figuring out how to shrink the photos for my 'gallery' photos the other day.  I had to send them to my daughter to shrink and send back.  Oh well.  I limp along in my antiquated ways for as long as I can. I mailed your envelope with the Royal Dream instructions this morning. The Royal Dream was my very first dollhouse and I built it about 3 years ago.  And thanks to some help along the way to these Greenleaf members I actually added electricity and made some revisions to it.  It was beautiful.  But I sold it to finance my next dollhouse.  And so it goes...

Thank you! I now have those coming and a new dollhouse. I can only imagine what will happen if the manager here finds out. I'm supposed to be getting rid of stuff, not getting more in. LOL I'll let you know when they arrive.

So what's your next dollhouse?

Oh, and if you have to shrink pictures, here's a neat site to do that with:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

If you need help with the site, just let me know.

Basically, you just hit browse and find the photo you want to shrink (I have to rename mine or I can't find them on my desktop sheesh!), upload it, click on resize (on the top), and then go to the left and replace the numbers they have there with something smaller. You only have to change one set of numbers, the other number will change automatically. If the picture is still not small enough or too small, just change the numbers again. Then save the new image to your computer.

Do you have to shrink your pics for the gallery? I never have. I think they reduce automatically when they are uploaded there. Then, when someone looks at your picture, they have an option to open it up in the lightbox. I like photos that haven't been shrunk because when you open them in the lightbox, you can see a large photo and more details.

I don't have plans on a next dollhouse.  I have no room for another one.  And before I take on a new 'donation' project I want to see if this Cat House does well at the Silent Auction.  You just never know.  Even though I only spent $3 for the kit, as you know a lot more goes into the supplies to build it.  So I need to see if it makes sense.  

Thanks for the tip on shrinking the size of photos.  I did have to shrink them all.  My laptop doesn't give me the option but finally I thought to send them to my old (ancient) apple desktop computer, then added them to THAT photo program, then e-mailed them back to myself.  At that point my Apple asked me what size I wanted to send them.  Whew.  The poor old Apple desktop is trying to die though.  I will miss it.  It won't allow me on the internet anymore but for some reason it DOES still send and receive e-mail - on a good day.  So I let it sit in my sewing room for 'emergencies'.  

I am currently doing my best to winnow down my sewing/craft room so making trips to the thrift store with donations.  Not dollhouse stuff though.  That stuff really needs to go to mini lovers.  By any chance do you need/want any/all of these little items?  They're old fashioned and I just don't have any need for them.  

Thanks for chatting :)

WIN_20170703_17_17_07_Pro.jpg

You're welcome and thank you for offering the little things, but I'll pass. In fact, I already have that little pot belly stove. I think it's a pencil sharpener, but I was going to paint it black and use it in a dollhouse someday.

I know what you mean about the computer. Mine is 12 years old now and it's as slow as dial up was. Little things are winking off one at a time. I always say me and the computer are alike. We're both slow to boot up and our memories are going.:D