Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

18 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

DH spotted the listing the other day and asked me if I wanted one.

Did you notice that the listing says 1 to 2 months for delivery? Will be curious to see how quickly yours arrives.

On 8/18/2017, 12:25:25, Elsbeth said:

So why is Greenleaf (on Amazon) selling the Garfield for $145? And Prime free shipping, right?

1 left as of this moment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U0A82U/

I checked this out last night, it was $139.21, this afternoon it is $141.63 and they must have discovered another stash of them, now there are 16 left instead of 1 left.  It is beautiful but very large lol.  Not that that should hold me back since I live in a huge old 5 bedroom farm house by myself!

1 hour ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I checked this out last night, it was $139.21, this afternoon it is $141.63 and they must have discovered another stash of them, now there are 16 left instead of 1 left.  It is beautiful but very large lol.  Not that that should hold me back since I live in a huge old 5 bedroom farm house by myself!

Barbara, you could rent out dollhouse rooms for members here. LOL

4 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I live in a huge old 5 bedroom farm house by myself!

Just be sure it will fit through the old doors or it might have to live permanently in the room in which you build it. :D 

6 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

It's 138.80 now. I wonder what is governing their price at any given time? :huh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kokomo said:

It's 138.80 now. I wonder what is governing their price at any given time? :huh:

I often throw things in my cart just to see what happens, I got the expander to my yogurt maker for $7.95 when it was $29.95 for months, and still is.  I wanted a hammock chair and put that in my cart, it was $59.99,  about two months later I bought it for $8.29.  If it is in your cart you get notices about price changes, there are frequent price changes sometimes several a day, sometimes just pennies or sometimes dollars or sometimes it is a real good deal!

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Just be sure it will fit through the old doors or it might have to live permanently in the room in which you build it. :D 

My kitchen doors may be a problem, but since I don't want it in the kitchen I guess it will be ok.  There are French doors to the living room, and to the deck off the dining room.  There are more doors in this place, even one in the back room upstairs that goes out to the second floor of the shed, they are all standard sized except the two doors from the kitchen to the dining room, they are only 30".  All in all there are 5 exits in my house.  I don't use the upstairs except to store stuff, and there are two guest bedrooms, one that is full of sewing items lol. I don't heat the upstairs, it is a some what drafty house, not very warm in cold Maine winters!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I often throw things in my cart just to see what happens, I got the expander to my yogurt maker for $7.95 when it was $29.95 for months, and still is.  I wanted a hammock chair and put that in my cart, it was $59.99,  about two months later I bought it for $8.29.  If it is in your cart you get notices about price changes, there are frequent price changes sometimes several a day, sometimes just pennies or sometimes dollars or sometimes it is a real good deal!

Thank you for that info. I'm going to try that on some items I've been looking at and see what happens!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

I impulse bought them, but now that I'm doing the math, I'm not sure how they can be half scale? The packaging says each step is 3/16" and the steps reach a ceiling height of 3". I think Houseworks 1:24 steps are 5/16", ceiling height is typically 5". So I think these are 1:48.

The packaging doesn't seem to list a scale (at least, it's not in the photos). I saw another set like this on Etsy recently that was also listed as 1:24 so now I'm curious what I'm going to end up with! (Miniature Lumber Shoppe is an old brand and I've seen their kits in both half scale and quarter scale, but it usually says right on the front which scale it is.)

Even if they are quarter scale, I'm sure I'll find a use for them! I like that the steps are individual so you can glue them together in a different configuration than just a straight staircase.

4 hours ago, fov said:

I impulse bought them, but now that I'm doing the math, I'm not sure how they can be half scale? The packaging says each step is 3/16" and the steps reach a ceiling height of 3". I think Houseworks 1:24 steps are 5/16", ceiling height is typically 5". So I think these are 1:48.

The packaging doesn't seem to list a scale (at least, it's not in the photos). I saw another set like this on Etsy recently that was also listed as 1:24 so now I'm curious what I'm going to end up with! (Miniature Lumber Shoppe is an old brand and I've seen their kits in both half scale and quarter scale, but it usually says right on the front which scale it is.)

Even if they are quarter scale, I'm sure I'll find a use for them! I like that the steps are individual so you can glue them together in a different configuration than just a straight staircase.

:eek::doh: Sorry Emily!.. I don't work in quarter scale and throw in that I come from a metric country and I wouldn't have a clue about those dimensions... I just went with the listing heading. I'm sure you could cancel the order if they have described them incorrectly. If not, I hope you find a use for them. :shy: How high is a ceiling in half scale? 5 inches?? 

Oh no, don't worry about it! I saw a similar set on Etsy recently (also advertised as half scale) and had been kicking myself for not buying it, so I jumped on these. I had thought the 3" ceiling height seemed low but the short stair height just didn't occur to me until after I hit the buy button. Not a big deal. They may work for making a false staircase (like a few stairs that disappear behind a wall), or maybe I'll do a quarter scale house someday. I know I'll find a use for them!

Half scale ceilings are typically 5". I had been thinking of using these to make a staircase up to the loft bed in my Spanish style "tiny house", so I don't need a full height staircase. They may even still work for that, we'll see!

1 hour ago, fov said:

Oh no, don't worry about it! I saw a similar set on Etsy recently (also advertised as half scale) and had been kicking myself for not buying it, so I jumped on these. I had thought the 3" ceiling height seemed low but the short stair height just didn't occur to me until after I hit the buy button. Not a big deal. They may work for making a false staircase (like a few stairs that disappear behind a wall), or maybe I'll do a quarter scale house someday. I know I'll find a use for them!

Half scale ceilings are typically 5". I had been thinking of using these to make a staircase up to the loft bed in my Spanish style "tiny house", so I don't need a full height staircase. They may even still work for that, we'll see!

Phew!.. Sounds like they might be a little bit bigger than 1/4 scale? If so I think the two together would make a great half scale staircase. :) 

I like your ideas for a false staircase and also the loft staircase idea. :D

1 hour ago, 1martinimomma said:

Dura-Craft Southern Mansion - good asking price, make an offer an option and FREE shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DURA-CRAFT-DOLL-HOUSE-KIT-Southern-Mansion-SM-700/142482608853?hash=item212ca012d5%3Ag%3AvoMAAOSw01dZmw9O

Reminds me of Southfork Ranch from Dallas.  Anyone have some cowboys that need a home?

2 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I love the last one.  Great deal for $50.00

• Like 1