Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

42 minutes ago, SewMini said:

Man, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of in love with the idea of owning a saloon :rofl:

I am drawn to this for the same reason - I keep envisioning a bar - https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/d/doll-houses-miniatures/6243049640.html

maybe prohibition era speakeasy. I wonder if they can fit together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

I am drawn to this for the same reason - I keep envisioning a bar - https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/d/doll-houses-miniatures/6243049640.html

maybe prohibition era speakeasy. I wonder if they can fit together.

And a player piano in the corner.  Maybe the Wyatt brothers own it.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Samusa said:

I'd get both those houses if I could and stack them. Or maybe cut the New Orleans in half and the halves onto the Newbury for additions.

Elsbeth, did you notice there's a New Orleans for sale in Gig Harbor for $200 on Craig's List?

16 hours ago, SewMini said:

Man, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of in love with the idea of owning a saloon :rofl:

You could do a whole Blazing Saddles theme. :D There's plenty of bordello style furniture around in mini.. :giggle:

Just now, rodentraiser said:

I'd get both those houses if I could and stack them. Or maybe cut the New Orleans in half and the halves onto the Newbury for additions.

Elsbeth, did you notice there's a New Orleans for sale in Gig Harbor for $200 on Craig's List?

I think I would do it the other way and cut the Newbury in half and add onto the New Orleans. I like the corners on the Newbury too much to loose them in the middle. :)

1 minute ago, rodentraiser said:

Theres a Newbury on Offer Up in my AREA FOR $80

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

This is really close to me: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tag/d/huge-112-scale-dollhouse/6267664451.html

But I don't have the room for it and it lacks my required Hallway entry.

But it seems like a great price.

It's the Dura-Craft Cambridge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

Theres a Newbury on Offer Up in my AREA FOR $80

Oh, snap. You know, sometimes I think there's a higher power at work, like some mischievous little imp who switches dollhouses around the country so they're as far away from the person who wants them as they can possibly be.

11 minutes ago, pgwyn said:

I mean Earp Brothers.

I just had one of my more terrible spasms of humor: I thought if my last name was Earp and I had a son, I'd be tempted to name him Dirk. Just smack me.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Oh, snap. You know, sometimes I think there's a higher power at work, like some mischievous little imp who switches dollhouses around the country so they're as far away from the person who wants them as they can possibly be.

I just had one of my more terrible spasms of humor: I thought if my last name was Earp and I had a son, I'd be tempted to name him Dirk. Just smack me.

Well, it's better than Twerp Earp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

well if someone wants it I'm willing to ship it for you.....just let me know...bet you they'd accept less, it's been online for quite some time and they've lowered the price already once.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this.  I was just wandering around on Etsy, and found this store:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/ValueARTifacts I had never heard of feve porcelain before.  I am always on the lookout for decorative items, and this store seems to have a lot of them—figurines, vases, plates, masks, etc., most in the 1- 1¼” range.   The items span various ethnicities and time periods, from “Roman” and “primitive,” through mid-century modern, and up to Looney Tunes and Finding Nemo.  There wasn’t much for half scale (although I did find a couple of smaller pieces that I think will work as larger half scale), but I kept thinking that if I were doing 1:12, I’d be going crazy in there.  Just thought I’d throw this out there, for what it’s worth. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Kelly, curious minds want to know?  Do tell. 

It starts with a long, long story of having problems with my browser.

I hate the current version of Firefox, don't like Chrome, and despise Internet Explorer. So for the longest time, I've had Pale Moon, which is how Firefox used to be. All of a sudden I'm having a problem upgrading to the newest version of PM and last Saturday, Skype refused to let me sign in. So after screwing around all day on Saturday and Sunday with my computer (which included 2 hour-long calls to Skype techs, installing and uninstalling Skype, Chrome, Pale Moon, IE, and Firefox multiple times), I realized I had uninstalled my older, working version of Pale Moon. So I found another older version and downloaded it.

It's not exactly the same and has many, many hiccups. One of which is what happens when I try to upload pictures to the Gallery here. And that is not improved by uploading two pictures to the wrong Gallery album. So short story, when I tried to find a way to get rid of those pictures and also delete two albums, in the midst of all this, I realized I had deleted my little squirrel. Don't even ask how I managed that, 'cause I don't know.

It's OK, though - he still had a Christmas message on his tail. I'm one of those who takes down her Christmas tree in February.

So I'm looking around for another cute little pocket pet to put up there, but I just haven't been very quick about it. And now with Photobucket the way it is...

Anyhoo,

21 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

You can thank Theresa Bloomingdale for that one. She once wrote that there was a family on her block who had two boys named Dirk and Erik. She said she always ended up calling them Derek and Erik, but that was better than her kids who called them Dirk and Irk. That stuck in my mind for who knows what unfathomable reason. Dirk Earp. At least if you get the hiccups, you can still call your kid.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

well if someone wants it I'm willing to ship it for you.....just let me know...bet you they'd accept less, it's been online for quite some time and they've lowered the price already once.

Thank you, but I don't need another house. Really. I just seized on a Simplicity for $20 and that's going to be added to the Hofco house. I simply don't have the space to even store kits anymore. The WIllowcrest kit and the Simplicity have to live out in my car as it is. *sigh*

6 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this.  I was just wandering around on Etsy, and found this store:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/ValueARTifacts I had never heard of feve porcelain before.  I am always on the lookout for decorative items, and this store seems to have a lot of them—figurines, vases, plates, masks, etc., most in the 1- 1¼” range.   The items span various ethnicities and time periods, from “Roman” and “primitive,” through mid-century modern, and up to Looney Tunes and Finding Nemo.  There wasn’t much for half scale (although I did find a couple of smaller pieces that I think will work as larger half scale), but I kept thinking that if I were doing 1:12, I’d be going crazy in there.  Just thought I’d throw this out there, for what it’s worth. 

Wow, there is something for everyone in that etsy store, even Elvis.