Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

6 hours ago, minikelli said:

I think these two are Hofco houses.

7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

They look all home built to me, but I could be wrong (code for I have no idea).

I think so too.

I have a message on my home phone that a woman has a Queen Ann kit which her deceased mother started but never finished. It is in South Florida. Let me know if you are interested.

Edit: She will take $100 for it. Original cost $1000.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Samusa said:

That seems like an awfully old kit. You ever wonder where all these kits were hiding, since some of them have to be over 30 or even 40 years old?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

That seems like an awfully old kit. You ever wonder where all these kits were hiding, since some of them have to be over 30 or even 40 years old?

They probably were found in the same place I hide my stuff....with the Christmas decorations, or under the bed.

When I kick the bucket, my family is going to say, "Holy COW! We knew she had kits, just not this many. Better fire up the eBay we're rich???" (As IF)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

When I kick the bucket, my family is going to say, "Holy COW! We knew she had kits, just not this many. Better fire up the eBay we're rich???" (As IF)

You know, when I was at the Stockton Miniature show, there was a woman there with multiple tables, selling her mother's stash.  She'd already been to several shows and made over $4,000, and she was still going strong.  :)

• Like 2

On 7/30/2017, 1:47:56, fov said:

A few weeks ago I posted about my first dollhouse, which shows up occasionally in the Boston area. Lo and behold, here's another one! https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bab/d/custom-vintage-doll-house/6237912538.html

The ad says early seventies... mine was bought in 1990, so I think they're a little off, but I guess if the same Greenleaf styles have been around for 30+ years it's possible this same style was being sold for 20+ years.

And another one! https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bab/d/handmade-dollhouse-with/6248138210.html

Crazy how often that style shows up in the Boston area. I wish I knew more about the origins. One post a while ago had info about the builder and I thought I saved it, but now I can't find it on my computer. :(

4 hours ago, Samusa said:

I love this house kit.. So retro 70's... reminds me of the house from the Brady Bunch. I think it could be super cute with new more realistic finishes. I think it might be 1:24. Super tempted! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUMBERGER-5-ROOM-WOODEN-DOLL-HOUSE-W-FLIP-TOP-ROOF-NIB-NEVER-ASSEMBLE-FURNITURE-/282598822931?hash=item41cc33d413:g:UqwAAOSwI0RZhOqj

I love that and I would go Brady with it.  I can just see the horse statue near the entry! 

4 hours ago, Samusa said:

What a gorgeous house!  Too bad the furniture is so blah!  If I had unlimited funds I'd furnish it in Ferd Sobol & June Clinkscales..