Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I thought I had my binders packed away but found one on the bookshelf.I do have the plans for Plumbrook published 197

In the same binder I found Pepperwood Farm. Wilkshire Cottage, Woodhall San Francisco and a Valley Craft one called C6 carpenters Gothic.

Jeannine

5 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Good lord you are correct - that looks like  plumbrook - holy cow, Kelly - you are incredible!

LMAO That house is about 10 miles away from me. I check Craig's List practically daily (in case someone has a huge, beautiful house for free) and it just jumped out at me. That was sheer coincidence and had nothing to do with me being incredible. But thank you anyway. *still laughing*

12 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I thought I had my binders packed away but found one on the bookshelf.I do have the plans for Plumbrook published 197

In the same binder I found Pepperwood Farm. Wilkshire Cottage, Woodhall San Francisco and a Valley Craft one called C6 carpenters Gothic.

Jeannine

Any chance you can show us the floor plan of the plum brook? Wow! I love that you collected plans!!!

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

It looks like 1/2" thick boards were used to build that poor pitiful pearl of a Pepperwood.  Nice glossy paint job really shows up the huge wood grain!

I've been using the Pepperwood plan book --Jackie K Dieber actually instructs to use 1/2 thick wood. zing so heavy. When I bought my pre-built 1:12 Pepperwood it was 1/2 thick walls PLUS thick siding attached to that. Glorious house and floor plan but so freak in'heavy I had to sell it.

16 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

Is it allowed that I can copy them and I could mail them to you. Jeannine

I should probably try to buy them online - and maybe the Dieber family will get a residual (they should!).

But I'd love to see the floor plan before I buy it - because prices are a little high for that house! - I will PM you!

9 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Duracraft Queen Anne

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162594118210?ul_noapp=true

NIB sealed. Box looks to be in great condition. Wonder who's attic this has been hiding in for years. :)

That's in Los Gatos. I worked in Los Gatos for over 25 years. And given how pricy that area is, it doesn't surprise me they want that much for that kit. LOL

Has someone posted this one before? I think it's a kit from Shellie's Miniature Mania, a copy of the huge dollhouse she has in the middle of her store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Very-Large-22-Room-Doll-House-DollHouse-W-Furniture-Needs-Completing/192245874016?_trksid=p5411.c100167.m2940&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140131123730%26meid%3D28a5b7517f8b49d0b891d8d4d35549c4%26pid%3D100167%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D142421072261

1 minute ago, rodentraiser said:

That's in Los Gatos. I worked in Los Gatos for over 25 years. And given how pricy that area is, it doesn't surprise me they want that much for that kit. LOL

Yes it is pricey... maybe someone will pay it if they want if bad enough.. not this little duck though. :)

last week I picked up a house on Offer Up, a GEL HK8 Bobbi Sue - I had asked @rodentraiser if she knew anything about the house.  Well, something was pulling me to the house and I went and purchased it for $75 ...turns out it's a BobbiSue, complete with 2 story addition and patio extension.  there's lighting in the boxes, wallpaper, windows, french doors, victorian doors,  christmas trees, mini books, cast iron pots and pans, a scale phone, railings, catalogs and an etched miniature photo she picked up while in New Orleans from Broel's Museum in 1995.  Every single receipt for anything she purchased for the house is in the box - she purchased it from THE DOLLHOUSE LADY in southern california, it's the first place that as a child I ever saw miniatures.  I think that  when I'm done with this house I will name it after her.  she passed of Cancer in February at the mere age of 52....a year younger than I am right now.  I don't know why this house called to me, but I hope I do it justice.  Sorry for the rant, I just felt compelled to share.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

last week I picked up a house on Offer Up, a GEL HK8 Bobbi Sue - I had asked @rodentraiser if she knew anything about the house.  Well, something was pulling me to the house and I went and purchased it for $75 ...turns out it's a BobbiSue, complete with 2 story addition and patio extension.  there's lighting in the boxes, wallpaper, windows, french doors, victorian doors,  christmas trees, mini books, cast iron pots and pans, a scale phone, railings, catalogs and an etched miniature photo she picked up while in New Orleans from Broel's Museum in 1995.  Every single receipt for anything she purchased for the house is in the box - she purchased it from THE DOLLHOUSE LADY in southern california, it's the first place that as a child I ever saw miniatures.  I think that  when I'm done with this house I will name it after her.  she passed of Cancer in February at the mere age of 52....a year younger than I am right now.  I don't know why this house called to me, but I hope I do it justice.  Sorry for the rant, I just felt compelled to share.

That was a bargain! I'm so glad the house is with someone who understands the amazingness of it...and the work put in by the original owner. Nice story. I'm so glad you heard it calling to you!

Pic please --i have no recollection of what the BobbiSue looks like! It sounds amazing with the additions!

9 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

You know what? They say it's a Majestic Mansions dollhouse and they're right - I was just looking at it a week or so ago. Why I didn't think of it at the time, I'll never know. But here it is right here:

https://www.mountainminiatures.com/majestic-mansions-morningside-mansion-dollhouse-kit-1-24-scale.html

I think it's an awesome story, but very sad about the lady passing from cancer. That's pretty darn young.

Jog my memory, though - what did I say the house was? Or was that the one that I asked if it was a Batrie model?

My books and magazines are still bagged in my car and now Terminex is coming in on Thursday to do a followup spraying of the rooms (I just found out today). So I won't be able to get at my magazines until probably this weekend. My catalogs do list some of the GEL houses and I remember seeing the one with a double porch, but I just don't remember right off the bat what it was. Didn't the ad say it was a RGT house, though?

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

You know what? They say it's a Majestic Mansions dollhouse and they're right - I was just looking at it a week or so ago. Why I didn't think of it at the time, I'll never know. But here it is right here:

https://www.mountainminiatures.com/majestic-mansions-morningside-mansion-dollhouse-kit-1-24-scale.html

If you add in the Bespaq component kit to complete, the kit would cost about $680.00 as the component kit alone is  $418. This is for half scale. Believe the 1:12 has been discontinued.

@rodentraiser and @Elsbeth this is a pic of Bobbi Sue on the box - Kelly- you were in the midst of packing to have things sprayed and couldn't get to your catalogs to see what kind of history the kit had - the original owner was so meticulous that everything is in original boxes including the receipt from her purchase in 1993 - it also has the two story addition and the add on porch/patio room .... 

IMG_3353.PNG

8 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

@rodentraiser and @Elsbeth this is a pic of Bobbi Sue on the box - Kelly- you were in the midst of packing to have things sprayed and couldn't get to your catalogs to see what kind of history the kit had - the original owner was so meticulous that everything is in original boxes including the receipt from her purchase in 1993 - it also has the two story addition and the add on porch/patio room .... 

IMG_3353.PNG

Patio room? That sounds lovely - pic? Hey this kit is adorable - I can' t wait to see what you do with it! I like the dormer on the attic!

IMG_3353.PNG

Susie, it is a cute house. It reminds me of an Artply.

I found this info

http://www.mottsminis.com/Houses.htm#gel

11 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

The Majestic Mansion house (Morningside Mansion) is only available in half scale they never sold it in one inch scale.  The reason being is that when Shellie was selling her house (Nob Hill) in kit form Majestic Mansions was cutting the kit for her using her copyrighted plans.  When I bought the kit I ordered it from Shellie and then picked it up at her shop with no sign it came from Majestic Mansions except that she told me.

9 minutes ago, queenannediva said:

The Majestic Mansion house (Morningside Mansion) is only available in half scale they never sold it in one inch scale.  The reason being is that when Shellie was selling her house (Nob Hill) in kit form Majestic Mansions was cutting the kit for her using her copyrighted plans.  When I bought the kit I ordered it from Shellie and then picked it up at her shop with no sign it came from Majestic Mansions except that she told me.

Did you build the 1:12? I did the 1:24.