Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

3 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

Shipping is costly, but that box is probably 20lbs plus. They are such well made houses, they are heirlooms that will last . I have found 2 locally and will not sell them. I plan to make them for future grandchildren...God willing.:bigwink:

• Like 1

gotcha. She even says "backstory" but I misinterpreted it. It was entertaining for a while to think that someone was 110+ and still building dollhouses!

On 12/28/2019, 2:22:19, Qubanqtee said:

that's how I interpreted it too....she does think quite highly of her work.  Good for her.

54 minutes ago, nolephan said:

It was entertaining for a while to think that someone was 110+ and still building dollhouses!

I think I'll put that on my bucket list ... only 30 years to go. :D 

26 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I hope your mind isn't permanently blown!    This seller has several other old-fashioned-country-store items listed at $9.99. Looks like a typo on this one.

1 hour ago, Island-Shack said:

This is a very nice Hofco Americana, check out the addition on the side and the backyard brick deck and what looks like used to be a pool? Not a bad deal for $200, including the contents too. I sure wish I had room for it :-(

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/717361915415059/

That looks fun - I like all the additions like the greenhouses/florida rooms, the pool (there's a body floating in the pool!!!) - I would be a fun house to furnish and a dream house for a kid to start with. I wish you had room for it too!!!! 

On 12/28/2019, 11:20:36, KathieB said:

She says that as part of the backstory --- I think she meant that the house was decorated as if she were the decorator in the 1930s, not that the decorating took place in the 1930s. 

Ah yes The Entirely Accurate in Look and Feel house.

9 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

The kitchen in this one brought back memories; one of the first apartments we lived in after our marriage had a stove & sink like those; all it's missing is the ice box that froze our eggs in their shells!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Am I goofy or are the curtains upside down on the windows in the flip-up attic wall? Ok when the wall is flipped up, but when it is closed ... :hmm: 

Holy moly, Kathie, I didn't enlarge that section when I looked at the photos, and I guess I thought the curtains were entire and what I saw was the bottom; but looking at the flipped up roof, I think the curtains are upside down, too.

8 hours ago, KathieB said:

Am I goofy or are the curtains upside down on the windows in the flip-up attic wall? Ok when the wall is flipped up, but when it is closed ... :hmm: 

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Holy moly, Kathie, I didn't enlarge that section when I looked at the photos, and I guess I thought the curtains were entire and what I saw was the bottom; but looking at the flipped up roof, I think the curtains are upside down, too.

If you look at the photo of the exterior with the roof closed you can see the curtains are right way up. It must be an illusion that they look wrong when the roof is open. I think the gathered bottoms are billowing out to make it look like they are attached at the bottom. 

Sam, when the roof is flipped up I cannot see any curtain tops, and if they are what's showing when the roof is down and closed, why don't they show when it's open?  (I spent 'way too much time looking!)

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

If you look at the photo of the exterior with the roof closed you can see the curtains are right way up. It must be an illusion that they look wrong when the roof is open. I think the gathered bottoms are billowing out to make it look like they are attached at the bottom. 

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Sam, when the roof is flipped up I cannot see any curtain tops, and if they are what's showing when the roof is down and closed, why don't they show when it's open?  (I spent 'way too much time looking!)

I think the only way to solve this is for one of us to buy the house ... :D 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Yes I agree you can’t see the tops when the roof is flipped up... I think it’s the shape of the dormer... the top of the curtain my be recessed out if sight due to the triangular nature of a dormer. Could be wrong, but I think that’s what’s going on. 

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

I think the only way to solve this is for one of us to buy the house ... :D 

Indeed! :D If I lived in Ohio I’d be on it.. it’s a lovely house. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolife-DIY-Dollhouse-Furniture-Miniature-Shop-House-Model-Toy-for-Teens-Adult/401771654666?hash=item5d8b74ee0a:g:0EQAAOSwGgdcixBG

I received this as a Christmas present! The giver knew that I mostly make my own high end items from raw materials, but she took a chance and bought it on sale from a different website. I haven't assembled it yet, but I have opened the box, and I think it might be fun to do a kit for a change. It has the cutest tiny metal iron, an already assembled dress form, fabric with miniature prints, laser cut wood, and so many, many accessories and details! I like making dollhouse stuff from raw materials, but not having a project without scrounging for the perfect fabric, tiny metal pieces, etc. might be fun!

I plan on making a special, custom made 1:24 scale house using a photo of an old family house as my guide in the near future. I dreaded decorating the interior, and was mostly focusing on the exterior of the house. I was tempted to just leave the interior empty, until I found these on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-DIY-Dollhouse-Miniature-Kit-With-Furniture-Kitchen-Life-Scene-Ornament/202663964063?hash=item2f2fb6ad9f:g:NEsAAOSw9ZtcxOHv

The company sells several different rooms for $5.35, free shipping. They are pretty basic, but it is tempting to buy a few and kit bash them for my custom designed house.

This is the first Hofco that has impressed me. It is a lovely house and good deal if it doesn't turn into a bidding war. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hofco-Americana-dollhouse-kit-new-in-box/303432302606?hash=item46a5f9800e:g:j90AAOSwdzxeEQtD

Edit....loook who the seller is!!!!

21 hours ago, Blue Morning Glory said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolife-DIY-Dollhouse-Furniture-Miniature-Shop-House-Model-Toy-for-Teens-Adult/401771654666?hash=item5d8b74ee0a:g:0EQAAOSwGgdcixBG

I received this as a Christmas present! The giver knew that I mostly make my own high end items from raw materials, but she took a chance and bought it on sale from a different website. I haven't assembled it yet, but I have opened the box, and I think it might be fun to do a kit for a change. It has the cutest tiny metal iron, an already assembled dress form, fabric with miniature prints, laser cut wood, and so many, many accessories and details! I like making dollhouse stuff from raw materials, but not having a project without scrounging for the perfect fabric, tiny metal pieces, etc. might be fun!

I plan on making a special, custom made 1:24 scale house using a photo of an old family house as my guide in the near future. I dreaded decorating the interior, and was mostly focusing on the exterior of the house. I was tempted to just leave the interior empty, until I found these on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-DIY-Dollhouse-Miniature-Kit-With-Furniture-Kitchen-Life-Scene-Ornament/202663964063?hash=item2f2fb6ad9f:g:NEsAAOSw9ZtcxOHv

The company sells several different rooms for $5.35, free shipping. They are pretty basic, but it is tempting to buy a few and kit bash them for my custom designed house.

I got the same kit for Christmas too! Not usually a fan of doing a kit as well, but it will be nice having all the decisions made for me. For once. I also like the fact that the pieces are wood, not plastic.