Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

36 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Even without Pinocchio I'd agree on that asking price.  How gorgeous!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019, 4:17:05, Samusa said:

Does anyone know more about these houses? I've never heard of the Afton Classics company. I'm curious to know what the floorplans look like on these or any other wisdom about the houses/company anyone wants to share.

FYI, if anyone else is thinking about bidding I bought a Hofco from this seller last spring and she was excellent. Very friendly and communicative and she didn't wait days and days to ship it (shipped it first thing the next morning IIRC).

2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

One of Tracy's creations (Stone Briar Mansion) available in Wisconsin; needs some retouches but looks pretty good https://appleton.craigslist.org/tag/d/neenah-large-doll-house-stone-briar/7024595475.html

Oh, that's just sad!

Oh, it's so sad to see Tracy's McKinley on Craigslist like that! Weird that they pulled out the stairs, too. Maybe the owner died and whoever ended up with the house took it to the thrift store without knowing what they had. There's a Bespaq fridge in the box of furniture, I wonder what else is hidden in there.

There are pictures of the house from when Tracy finished it on her McKinley blog: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=entry&id=1795

3 hours ago, fov said:

Oh, it's so sad to see Tracy's McKinley on Craigslist like that! Weird that they pulled out the stairs, too. Maybe the owner died and whoever ended up with the house took it to the thrift store without knowing what they had. There's a Bespaq fridge in the box of furniture, I wonder what else is hidden in there.

There are pictures of the house from when Tracy finished it on her McKinley blog: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=entry&id=1795

I figured someone with more money than miniature sense bought it for a child. It looks like it was sat upon at some point. Poor thing. 

On 6/3/2019, 11:07:53, madtex1967 said:

I am seriously thinking of thinning out my stash.  I know I will not be able to build all that I have.  So if I do that, he might be more accepting to the Granville arriving.  I looked online and found the dimensions, so will measure my vehicle.  I am sure I can fold down the back seats and it will fit no problem.  He rarely rides in it, so he may not notice it in the back, covered up . . . 

So I have to update you all on the latest.  Last night we were putting the Christmas decoration boxes back into the attic.  We started cleaning out some items to donate and trash unused items.  He found the Granville hiding in the corner of the attic.  "Where did the big assembled dollhouse come from?"  Me - "What?  Oh, that one.  I have had that for a  long time.  It's just been sitting there in the corner waiting on me to rehab it."  Him - "Hmmm, I don't remember bringing it up here."

Of course none of it was a lie.  I drove around for 3 months with it in the back of my vehicle, before moving it to the attic.  I think 6 months is a long time :bigwink:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

So I have to update you all on the latest.  Last night we were putting the Christmas decoration boxes back into the attic.  We started cleaning out some items to donate and trash unused items.  He found the Granville hiding in the corner of the attic.  "Where did the big assembled dollhouse come from?"  Me - "What?  Oh, that one.  I have had that for a  long time.  It's just been sitting there in the corner waiting on me to rehab it."  Him - "Hmmm, I don't remember bringing it up here."

Of course none of it was a lie.  I drove around for 3 months with it in the back of my vehicle, before moving it to the attic.  I think 6 months is a long time :bigwink:

you dodged that ball vary well, I hope many more balls come your way to keep you having fun!:bigwink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

And you didn't respond, "Oh, honey.  You're getting so forgetful"?  :evil:

Oh my! 

My husband tried pull that on me with a car that showed up in our backyard.....still pisses me off . Now I worry that I have early onset dementia. I seriously don’t remember that car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Now I worry that I have early onset dementia.

Yeah, that part wouldn't be good.  I was kidding (although I might have been a tiny bit tempted under similar circumstances, I wouldn't have done it).  :)

• Like 1