Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

3 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Kells Will you kick your self later if you pass it up. It is a beauty......

I'll be kicking myself if I don't; my husband might kick me out of the house if I do.

I can see it now. Me, wrapped in blankets, pushing a shopping cart down the street with a Lace House sticking out of it. A passerby kindly remarks, "What a cute Victorian dollhouse." I scream angrily in reply, "IT'S CARPENTER GOTHIC!!" as I continue shuffling away, muttering to myself.

It's a tough call but I do like living indoors . . .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kells said:

I'll be kicking myself if I don't; my husband might kick me out of the house if I do.

I can see it now. Me, wrapped in blankets, pushing a shopping cart down the street with a Lace House sticking out of it. A passerby kindly remarks, "What a cute Victorian dollhouse." I scream angrily in reply, "IT'S CARPENTER GOTHIC!!" as I continue shuffling away, muttering to myself.

It's a tough call but I do like living indoors . . .

I think it is time for you too use your ninja skills and sneak it home all stealth like......:hidebhind: Tell him you are storing it for your friend Carrie who lives in LV but is going to pick it up in a few months when she visits your area. Then when I don't show up, it is yours!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I think it is time for you too use your ninja skills and sneak it home all stealth like......:hidebhind: Tell him you are storing it for your friend Carrie who lives in LV but is going to pick it up in a few months when she visits your area. Then when I don't show up, it is yours!

:cucumber:

• Like 1

So we already posted this - but I'm surprised this is going over $20 - 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233336927304?

I wonder if the bidder really knows it is a dollhouse for a 1:24 dollhouse and not actually a 1:24 scale  dollhouse.  And it's all printed paper graphics that glue onto a tiny wooden kit, which is cute, but is it $20+ cute? It is $5 cute which is it what it originally sold for. it is even $10 cute. But 20. Hmmmm. The description could be seen as misleading, but I think the seller just wrote what was on the kit. 

It might be because of the Betterley name. Their furniture kits sell for high prices too. (I hope it's that and not that the bidders think it's full sized!)

On 9/14/2019, 5:39:43, Kells said:

WHY OH WHY DO I LOOK AT CRAIGSLIST?!? Only $200!! I've always wanted one. I hope someone buys it before I talk myself into it.

https://denver.craigslist.org/tag/d/denver-large-hand-built-victorian-style/6969033251.html

Lace House.jpg

I started getting the shakes just looking at all those tiny, individual shingles. That house would've been in the fireplace before I even got halfway up the front side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TimothyHH said:

I started getting the shakes just looking at all those tiny, individual shingles. That house would've been in the fireplace before I even got halfway up the front side.

Can I ever identify. The expanses of roof on this one have stood un-shingled for a good eight years or more. I just can't bring myself to tackle it!

All the suggestions for how to get this by my husband are good ones, and I've actually tried some in the past. "It's a bargain and I can sell it for a profit!" He knows I never will, lol. I would love to claim the high ground and say I could never be devious and deceive my husband but this is miniatures we're talking about. All's fair!

If that house weren't open to the rear, the only post I'd have made would have been, "Look what I got!!" If a house can't sit flush against the wall, I can no longer consider it. Sucks, I know, but leaving walk-around space to view a house just isn't possible for me anymore. :(

4 hours ago, Kells said:

Can I ever identify. The expanses of roof on this one have stood un-shingled for a good eight years or more. I just can't bring myself to tackle it!

I am such a shingle-phobe that my Glencroft is still unshingled. And that is a pretty small roof, but it has some funny sloping. I did 2 rows...yes 2...and quit. Ten years ago. Poor little house. I have since thought about just painting it and being done.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019, 12:55:21, Kells said:

I don't blame you, but WOW, that is a beautiful house. I love the realness of the floorplan.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019, 11:28:46, TimothyHH said:

I don't blame you, but WOW, that is a beautiful house. I love the realness of the floorplan.

Thank you, I do love it but it is a real thorn in my side. Open to the sides and to the rear, it almost requires a room of its own to view it unless I shove the facade up against a wall. :(

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Hmmm "Turn of the 20th Century Mystery house" it says. I am thinking it is a walmer from the 70s. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mystery-Dollhouse-Antique-Wood-Doll-House-w-shingle-roof-Turn-of-the-20th-C/193098481441

This is the only dollhouse/miniature in their extensive list of items. They probably have no idea what they have.

1 hour ago, fov said:

Haha, I saw that and thought maybe they meant turn of the 21st century. But I think Kathie's right, they think it's something it's not.

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

This is the only dollhouse/miniature in their extensive list of items. They probably have no idea what they have.

I'd have thought they were so clever if they'd said "turn of the 21st century". Alas...