Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

7 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Very nice San Franciscan style, in need of some TLC. I have been after one of this for a while, shame I am not in California, since it is a pick up only. I hope somebody from our group grab it and give it the love this beauty deserves! http://www.ebay.com/itm/152373776955?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought this kits instead, to bash it to add a garage on a first floor-basement addition, and the same type of L shape stairs on the front. Very rare kit. I haven't found any pictures at all of one of this houses built. If someone knows or have some pictures please post them here. I asked the seller to send me a picture of the inside of the house, but after she looked on the manual, she didn't find any, which is very unusual. The kit will get here today, I can't wait!5867c1115c00b_s-l1600(20).thumb.jpg.3edd

I wish I still lived in Los Angeles, I'd drive for that house for sure. Love the garage doors, it's adorable! 

I really like your kit too Carmen. I've never seen it before but it looks lovely. *runs off to research model homes*

11 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Here's another person looking for over $700 for a Newberg.... Did I miss something and Newbergs became the new "hot" item in dollhouses.. price surge! lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Dollhouse-Hand-Made-3-Story-Victorian-Farmhouse-27-5-Tall-Lovely/282307225502?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3Dc0457df47f444b439ff9cd357e32aa26%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D152373776955

It does come with some furniture, but nothing I'd want... well, maybe the doghouse.. :D

I guess it's USD$99 more because it has the front steps?

On 12/31/2016, 1:34:05, rodentraiser said:

I've seen that dollhouse on eBay before. I can't remember if it's 1/2" or 1" scale, though and it doesn't say. But if I had the money, I'd be down there in Arcadia to get that one so fast you wouldn't see me for the dust.

I emailed the seller.  The house is 12" x 23" at the base and 22" high - so it is half scale.  Seller has added this info to the listing.

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Lawbre Chateau for $850, built. Exterior done (and needs some fixing), but interior unfinished. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lawbre-The-Chateau-Dollhouse-Never-Decorated-Great-Gift-PRICE-REDUCED-/222354000260

Wow, they have been very sloppy with glue! That'd be a lot of work to fix up.

On 12/31/2016, 8:31:10, minilover62 said:

Very nice San Franciscan style, in need of some TLC. I have been after one of this for a while, shame I am not in California, since it is a pick up only. I hope somebody from our group grab it and give it the love this beauty deserves! http://www.ebay.com/itm/152373776955?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought this kits instead, to bash it to add a garage on a first floor-basement addition, and the same type of L shape stairs on the front. Very rare kit. I haven't found any pictures at all of one of this houses built. If someone knows or have some pictures please post them here. I asked the seller to send me a picture of the inside of the house, but after she looked on the manual, she didn't find any, which is very unusual. The kit will get here today, I can't wait!5867c1115c00b_s-l1600(20).thumb.jpg.3edd

Carmen,

I am building the Model Homes Cape May (I also have this kit!).  It is a larger version of this house.  I really like the way it all goes together.  I started an album for it and will keep it updated as the build comes along.

Matt

On Sunday, January 01, 2017 5:52:10, miniaddicted said:

I'm not sure that's a RGT front opening Victorian. There's three houses that all have the same look.

This is the RGT/Houseworks front opening Victorian:

RGT.jpg.0017f5d2a1bdef2c43bdd2bf40a81c5f

This is the house that I think is in the ad, although I'm not 100% sure. It's made by an English company. It's a smaller house than the RGT one and the stairs run across the back wall instead of going front to back. The house on the bottom is the one in the ad.

Exmoor.jpg.fc1ba169bbd9f1a11802b104de819    00K0K_gSWCKcLcx76_1200x900.thumb.jpg.78d

This is the Katherine, which was made by House That Jack Built. At one time you could get a basement to fit it. This one is a couple of inches longer than the RGT house.

catherinefrontopeningdollhouse.jpg.47e21

katherinedollhouseinterior.JPG.1880ea818

It's hard for me to tell the difference between them all unless I see the measurements or the inside of them.

EDIT: looking at them all together now, I'm thinking it is an RGT house after all. Ai Yi Yi! I need a vacation from myself.

On 12/31/2016, 3:51:08, Samusa said:

I wish I still lived in Los Angeles, I'd drive for that house for sure. Love the garage doors, it's adorable! 

I really like your kit too Carmen. I've never seen it before but it looks lovely. *runs off to research model homes*

Thanks Samantha. Congrats on your new Glencroft! 

On 12/31/2016, 3:34:05, rodentraiser said:

I've seen that dollhouse on eBay before. I can't remember if it's 1/2" or 1" scale, though and it doesn't say. But if I had the money, I'd be down there in Arcadia to get that one so fast you wouldn't see me for the dust.

I love this Kelly! Me too! we would be bumping into each other to win that race!!jejeej!

3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

Carmen,

I am building the Model Homes Cape May (I also have this kit!).  It is a larger version of this house.  I really like the way it all goes together.  I started an album for it and will keep it updated as the build comes along.

Matt

I am running to check your album Matt! now I know who to ask if I have any questions when I get my hands on this kit. I opened it already, the box is pretty old, but the contents are intact and nice inside. Love it!

Update: I went to check your album, but must of the pictures are gone. Will go again later. Looking at your house, I like the idea of the balcony on the second floor, and I think I will probably eliminate the dormer on the roof. I have several ideas to bash my kit and make it look like my dream San Fran. 

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

EDIT: looking at them all together now, I'm thinking it is an RGT house after all. Ai Yi Yi! I need a vacation from myself.

The house from the ad looks most like the pink one to me. When I first saw it I thought "That's not the RGT Victorian" but couldn't put my finger on why. The dormer is taller/skinnier than the Houseworks dormer (with a vertical rectangular window instead of square) and the Victorian windows aren't Houseworks windows, the proportions look wrong.

16 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I'm not sure that's a RGT front opening Victorian. There's three houses that all have the same look.

This is the RGT/Houseworks front opening Victorian:

RGT.jpg.0017f5d2a1bdef2c43bdd2bf40a81c5f

This is the house that I think is in the ad, although I'm not 100% sure. It's made by an English company. It's a smaller house than the RGT one and the stairs run across the back wall instead of going front to back. The house on the bottom is the one in the ad.

Exmoor.jpg.fc1ba169bbd9f1a11802b104de819    00K0K_gSWCKcLcx76_1200x900.thumb.jpg.78d

This is the Katherine, which was made by House That Jack Built. At one time you could get a basement to fit it. This one is a couple of inches longer than the RGT house.

catherinefrontopeningdollhouse.jpg.47e21

katherinedollhouseinterior.JPG.1880ea818

It's hard for me to tell the difference between them all unless I see the measurements or the inside of them.

Thanks for this - I always get confused by these. I really like the english house!

5 hours ago, miniaddicted said:

Thanks Sam, mystery solved. Kelly, I shouldn't have jumped to my conclusion, your intuition is spot on.

I wasn't sure myself. Usually I can tell because something just looks "off" with the houses, but sometimes that's just the camera angle. I've been caught out before!

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Thanks for this - I always get confused by these. I really like the english house!

You're welcome!

12 hours ago, Samusa said:

It's the Streets Ahead, Ashburton

http://www.dollshouse.com/the-ashburton-dolls-house

The Ashburton

Thank you, Samantha!

17 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

The measurements I saw on it said it was 24" wide, so to me I would take that as 1" scale.

In the description it reads  "1/12 scale furniture and dolls will not be suitable". This particular house always baffled me for that reason.